[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Receiving online threats, legal advice please?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

File: Facebook message.jpg (116KB, 1919x973px) Image search: [Google]
Facebook message.jpg
116KB, 1919x973px
This is going to be a long one so tl;dr: Received a malicious/threatening message from my ex's father who's basically a mad man.

Earlier today I received this message from the father of my ex-girlfriend. Of whom I broke up with about 3 years ago. We broke up because I cheated on her, not my best moment in life, but this was after months of her being physically & mentally abusive. She would often cut herself, point to the cut and then say things like "What're your friends going to think when they see what you done to me" Implying to pass the cut off as assault. She would also punch and kick quite often. That doesn't make what I did ok, of course but I state that just for context. I never hit her (although admittedly I did restrain her a few times, grabbing her arms in an effort to stop her punching me)
She would also often lie about people and certain mental disorders she had and usually self-diagnose a lot.
>>
police.
lawyer.
>>
>>18449695
>A GUN if this mofo comes to your house at night.

Police
Lawyer
>>
File: 1487863913115.png (384KB, 552x506px) Image search: [Google]
1487863913115.png
384KB, 552x506px
>>18449695

cont.

The message I received from her father obviously reads "Now I know who you are see you soon xx"
In the 3 years me and her dated I had never met her father. Whenever I asked about him she would talk very unfavorably of him and even stated how he's had a history of violent outbursts and that her mother ended things with him due to that.

The ex (prior to us dating) had been the victim of an apparent rape. Well I say rape but it's more a I-regret-the-sex-i-had-with-previous-bf-feminist-kinda-rape.
When she told me of this years ago after saying she wants to pursue legal action I asked "Well what did your father say regarding the whole ordeal" to which she replied "Oh I could never tell him, he would literally come travel down and kill him"
>>
File: 1487848870402.jpg (20KB, 442x313px) Image search: [Google]
1487848870402.jpg
20KB, 442x313px
>>18449748

cont 2.

It is because of info like that along with numerous other info from her mother that I believe this to be a credible threat. This is not some 14 year old acting tough, it's infact a man who owns guns (illegal in the UK for the most part) and has a history of violence.
He's also quite well off in terms of money due to a work accident he suffered 15 years ago leaving him wheelchair bound, I know that makes him sound less threatening but resources like this make me take the message rather seriously. Physically he couldn't take me, sure. I don't believe he would intend for it to come down to simple physicality however.

Would very much appreciate any help or advice, what do?? Is what he said even legally reprehensible?
>>
File: patrick-bateman.gif (971KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
patrick-bateman.gif
971KB, 500x490px
>>18449716

If this country didn't strip it's citizens of the self-defense that gun ownership offers then I wouldn't have made this thread in the first place and quite happily would lay in wait for his arrival.

But unfortunately the UK is absolutely ridiculous in how guns are illegal to own. It just cucks the fucking people into not being able to defend themselves properly.
>>
>>18449760
>>18449753
>Would very much appreciate any help or advice, what do??
Police. Lawyer.
>>
File: Bateman cringe.gif (497KB, 500x189px) Image search: [Google]
Bateman cringe.gif
497KB, 500x189px
>>18449803

Called police earlier, they stated how it's a non-emergency and the message contains no true threat.
Here it's very much "we can't do anything until it's too late"
>>
he's not going to do anything. don't let people in your head. on the off chance he does want to actually do something after 3 years, you're not stupid enough to make yourself easy to find right?

as someone that's pissed off worse people than some chick's dad, unless this guy is like, the head of a biker gang and planning on bringing a few other guys with him, you're not really in a difficult situation.
>>
>>18449819
britbongs, seriously. despite your laws you have a plethora of weapons around you mate. think tactically you bellend
>>
File: 1487974940576.png (419KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487974940576.png
419KB, 640x480px
>>18449854
Cheers for that response. Must admit that's exactly what I've done, allowed him to affect my mind. If I didn't have quite a bit to lose already I'm sure it wouldn't have affected me as much.

He doesn't know my current whereabouts no, however my ex knows my Grandparents address. My initial worry was him paying them a visit.

Thanks for your decent reply.
>>
File: 1487024131598.jpg (41KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1487024131598.jpg
41KB, 550x512px
>>18449857
>you have a plethora of weapons around you mate.

You're a genius, you mean those things that have a blade and a handle? Or heavy blunt things perhaps! Epiphany level info thank you!

>think tactically you bellend

think rationally you bellend. Do you really believe I hadn't considered that ahah?
>>
I'm a tired, amd I mean vrry tired analyst for forensics and I will tell you what to do, because the police onv wont do anything.

>>18449819
Get out of town for 3 weeks, then come back.

If you can't do this, always be in crowded areas (not the street, but cafes and stuff). Never confront crazy people

Remember, the threat is always harder than the actual thing. He's probably a male 40-55 with male BPD or sociopathic traits.
No or, nearly none hair, the kind that wears those vests, maybe a hobby biker but only 2-3 loose friends, because he's too unstable for a "gang".

If you're on the street, never be alone and have a knife with you or something that doesn't look like a weapon, but can be used as such.

>>18449854
No. Crazy people do crazy things.
>>
File: Vulgar Display of Equality.jpg (188KB, 696x645px) Image search: [Google]
Vulgar Display of Equality.jpg
188KB, 696x645px
>>18449894

I am currently constrained to my local whereabouts due to being in the process of University for Psychotherapy degree as well as moving houses and having to sort all that out. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Great tips, thanks. I'll be sure to do that.

Your profile of him is remarkably accurate, thinning hair, definite sociopath, virtually no friends as far as I'm aware. Replace bikes with boats and spot on.

Carrying a knife or flashlight or something will be a must, I feel. Can't hurt to be armed though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.