[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Always need to smile/laugh when I look into People's eyes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1477221210689.gif (339KB, 423x386px) Image search: [Google]
1477221210689.gif
339KB, 423x386px
I need to stop doing this, but I just can't stop smiling/laughing, when I have a conversation with people and when I look into their eyes. I can't hold it somehow even if it's a serious conversation. I need to hold eyecontact in this job if I want it. But it's impossible for me. It's like that since I was a kid. When the teacher said "Look at my eyes, when I talk with you", but when I did that, I couldn't hold my laugh, thus she punished me even more.

No one takes me serious because of this. I hate this and I want it gone.

What is wrong with me?
>>
You're reacting entirely naturally, just more strongly than people usually do. It's normal to smile/laugh when you look someone in the eyes, babies do it all the time, children play games where they look each other in the eyes and see who has to laugh or grin first. Your reflex just seems to be stronger than it is for most other people.
>>
>>18449674
I see but I can't hold eyecontact with people and I can't control it
>>
Maybe try containing it to just a smile?
>>
File: 1490936043319.gif (858KB, 255x309px) Image search: [Google]
1490936043319.gif
858KB, 255x309px
I'm just like you. It's awesome, laughing is the best.
>>
What can I do to cure this
>>
>>18449774
You could practise, I'm pretty sure the first step is to NOT think that you mustn't laugh, because if you think that you invariably will.

You could also try looking near the eyes but not directly in them, like the forehead, ears, nose, mouth, eyebrows. Maybe that would help.

What job do you have anyway? Maybe you could talk to your boss and see if there's an alternative for you?
>>
>>18449807
I work in an insurance company....
>>
>>18449812
I can see how it's a problem then if a client tells you their house burned down or someone died, and you have to give them a big happy smile because you looked them in the eyes.
Is there any chance of you getting a different task in the company?
>>
>>18449849
Not really, I got it since 4 months...

I don't know what this disorder is called so it's hard to find any help for it.
>>
>>18449858
I don't think it even is a disorder. It's just how you are.
>>
>>18449948
Really? Wouldnt you find it weird?
>>
>>18449992
Not really, I'd say it's just a character trait.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.