[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haven't had real friends in over 10 years and I was recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: eeeh.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
eeeh.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
Haven't had real friends in over 10 years and I was recently asked out by a group of semi-strangers. How do I act like a normal person?
>>
They're people I met in online vidya, by the way. What are the chances of me losing a kidney?
>>
"Hey, what's up. I'm <anon>. Nice to meet ya'll"
"So what do you do"
"Yeah the weathers really purple, it's starting to get really yellow"
Where you from?
blah blah blah blah

Just talk, say shit, doesn't matter.
>>
Too much to explain.
They'll cut you some slack, just stand back, observe and try not to do anything that stands out.

Keep doing it until you get the hang of how social interaction works.
>>
>>18449590
>They're people I met in online vidya, by the way

They can't be that normal if you met them on an online vidya. How old are you anyway?
>>
>>18449590
then amended.

"Hey, what's up. I'm <gamer tag>, call me <real name>"
Yeah the weathers really purple, it's starting to get really yellow"
Where you from?
blah blah blah blah

It'll probably take you between 20 minutes and hour to figure out you already know these dudes, they're pretty much the same people you know online.

Unless you're playing some game where everyone's just a toxic meme-ster or some shit. In which case, no fucking.
>>
>>18449596
I'm terrible at smalltalk, but I guess I'll have to try.
>>18449597
I'm worried that this might be one of the few remaining chances I get to actually talk to people face to face. I have no idea how to make friends either.
>>18449601
Well yeah, they do enjoy some semi-niche games so I guess that makes them somewhat weirdoes too. I'm 21.
>>18449670
I know them pretty well-ish online, I'm just really worried that I'll fuck up when meeting them face to face and end up making everything awkward.
>>
>>18449961
str8 up bro;

Be humble and appreciative, add to the conversation in the best way you can. Genuinely listen, care more about what they're saying if you begin to filter yourself too much
>>
I'll be your friend anon we can talk about anime together
>>
>>18449583
Op, you all play the same video game. You already have an extremely easy ice breaker, just talk about that. From there the conversation can segway into anything; hobbies, family, tv, other video games. You'll be fine.
>>
>>18450157
Oh and drink a beer or two.
>>
>>18449583

Assimilate.

Copy their language (specifically, the colloquialisms that they use) to show you belong to the tribe.
Mimic their body language.
Be yourself to a degree (if they ask personal questions and shit), but in general, be them instead.

It's a tough skill to learn, even tougher with autism, but everyone has to learn it at some point.

Fortunately for most, the lucky bastards, they learn this shit without ever even realising it. They do it all subconsciously.
Not all of us were born with the emotional intelligence or instincts for social interaction.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.