[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Informing a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: job-decision-460612077-small.jpg (81KB, 605x340px) Image search: [Google]
job-decision-460612077-small.jpg
81KB, 605x340px
Hey /adv/
So I've been really desperate for a job for the past 3 months. I've been applying everywhere, with no responses.

Well in the past week I got an interview for a really good job that uses my degree and pays 18.50/hr. I passed the first interview that was more like a quiz on my knowledge. Now they want a second interview.

Now at the same time I got an interview for a really shitty entry position, 12/hr, not in my field. Had the interview yesterday and they called and said they're ready to hire me soon.

So I go in for my second interview for the great job today. How should I handle this situation, because the shittier job is on track to getting me sooner than this job.

Also there is a conflict of interest for the better job, they require I can't work at this other company within 6 months of being hired.
>>
Obviously hold out for the better paying job? Idk what the issue is here. The fact they want a second interview after you took their test means you passed and you are considered qualified. Now they want to have an actual interview to make sure you arnt some autist axe murderer freak. Assuming you can present yourself fine, youre in. They wouldnt have you come in twice to tell you they arnt interested. Consider yourself hired already - youre just still in the hiring phase.

For your own protection, tell the other company that you cant accept the job at the moment due to life circumstances (make an excuse, or just be vague, doesnt matter as long as you make it clear you cant work for them yet) and that while you cant work now, you are very much interested in the near future. That way you arnt burning your bridge with them and have them as a backup.

But yeah based on what you wrote it sounds like the better job is going to hire you. Gratz. Just went through a similar situation myself for the last 9 weeks and was about to lose my sanity and apply at shithole retail stores just to get by when i finally landed an inteview with a job that pays 19.50/hr. I got the job.
>>
>>18449111

Btw dont even mention the lower paying job to the better company during the interview. Its not part of the equation. You can just tell the second job that you need more time to handle personal affairs (a white lie). When the first job is garanteed, tell the second one you had a change of circumstances and can no longer work for them. You have no obligation to start work for them. You didnt sign a contract. Its doesnt matter how far in the hiring process you are, you have not worked for them and you shouldnt unless the 1st job tells you to piss off.

Again, i wouldnt even mention the lesser job at the interview. It wont help you, and they dont need to know because you being engaged with talks with the second company doesnt violate their working policy and thus isnt their business.
>>
>>18449111
Well I have $100 and I absolutely need money soon. Im moving to another apartment and have been eating ramen. I won't survive much longer, and I don't know if the 12/hr will hold out for long for me. I just don't want to hold out too long and not get hired at the 18/hr and end up back at square one and homeless. But I'll go through with what you said.
>>
>>18449133

Tell $18.50 that you have an exploding offer. If they really want you, then it'll speed up their process.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.