[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living with Parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

This year I will turn 25. I moved back in with my parents after college, living with roommates was terrible. I'm well off now and I keep thinking about moving out of my parents' house but the more I think about the less reason I have for doing it. The thing is if I don't, I'll just be right back where I am the very next year, and I don't see that cycle ending. Ever.

I can't articulate a coherent question, I guess I'm just looking for some feedback.
>>
>>18448968
Living with parents is cool
>no rent
>free meals
>free wash machine
>free nagging
>not enough privacy to bring gf

Unless you do gf, dont bother.
>>
>>18448968
I'd say you got another couple years of living with parents acceptability, if you are well off. Some people might think you're lame, but you'll probably be able to afford things you like when you do move out. Think about it over then.
>>
24/m here, had to move back in after my roommate went nuts and we ended up having to move away from eachother breaking the lease and fucking my credit for a good two years.

It's great really, save up money and if you need to bust a nut rent a hotel for one night and go hunting.
>>
>>18448968
You're a failure of a man.
>>
>>18448972
I don't pay rent but I help out with the grocery bill

and I don't talk to women period

and to make sure people understand what I mean by well off
$10k in emergency fund
$15k cash
$80k brokerage
$50k 401k
$20k ira
$80k annual income
>>
>>18449150
>dont talk to women
Then there is no need to get your own home. Period.
>>
>>18449297
that's what I thought

I think I'll be a millionaire before 30
>>
What makes a man is his ability to chose what is right for him and not let the opinions of others define him.
>>
>>18449329
You have to go back
>>>/lit/

Also as a man you should have known that only you yourself set goals of game called game. The only person who you have to impress is your own mirror reflection.
>>
milk that shit.
>>
>>18449134
>falling for the responsible adult meme

LOL
>>
>>18449323
but seriously though
I don't date, I've never dated, I don't want to date, so I should just not move out... ever?
>>
>>18449568
>>18448968

Do a favor for your parents and gtfo. Send them on vacation with all that extra cash you have for raising you for 25 years.

Damn, selfish as fuck mate. They poured money into you as investment so that one day when they're old, you can take care of them like they did for you.
>>
>>18449577
>They poured money into you as investment so that one day when they're old, you can take care of them like they did for you.

t. parent who raised their kids as insurance and is now bitter their kids don't visit anymore
>>
>>18449580
More like a college student who is trying their best to do what is right for parents since the other two fuckwad siblings fucked off and didn't go to college.
>>
>>18449577
I REALLY don't give a fuck about them or how selfish I am
>>
File: disappointed-face.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
disappointed-face.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
>>18449616
See, that's why our generation will always be remembered as the fucking ass hats that older generations claim us to be.

Why can't people just be fucking grateful. Why do these egotistical shits come onto this board looking for advice for their egotistical lifestyles.
>>
>>18449577

While OP should be moving the fuck out, any parent who expects their child to take care of them, and ESPECIALLY one that says it as a reason for having kids, is a shitty parent.
>>
>>18449660
Agreed, but as someone who isn't a fucking selfish twat like OP, I choose to provide because I have the means to.
>>
>>18449568
Depends I guess how your parents feel IMO. If they don't mind you are staying then stay. If they are the type that would like to see you "spread your wings" then find a place.

Honestly owning your own place doesn't really cost much and can be cheaper then renting. And with your assets and income you can qualify for a great loan. On top of that you only need find something accommodating for yourself so you really wont be spending much.

If I were you and your parents didn't mind you living there I'd probably stay. I enjoyed living with my mom. We rented a house together (along with 2 other of my siblings) and my mom was a great roommate. She gave me space, didn't snoop in my stuff, cooked dinner often.
>>
>>18449680
You assume I don't provide. I said I didn't pay rent but food isn't free in response to the poster. I contribute to the household in a lot of ways, if only because I am a member of the household.

My parents are old world types who wouldn't have a problem with their kids staying until marriage, but I'm guessing they realized long ago that I care so little about other people that I was totally incapable of a relationship.
>>
>>18449616
If only they could retroactively take back all the food and shelter they've given you.
>>
File: skool227.jpg (105KB, 801x1024px) Image search: [Google]
skool227.jpg
105KB, 801x1024px
Almost 30 and still live with parents. Have enough money to move out, yes I do, but the thing is the roommate situation. I already had shitty roommates that were just twats. Moved back with the folks when my mom was extremely busy helping her aging dad (RIP).

Again I have the finances to live on my own, anyway the lack of privacy.

I bought home two girls and banged both of them in the basement. Really hate it when it is like "hahahaha i still live with parents" but anyway just feeling ya. Nothing wrong with living with parents but I am close to moving out (watch November come and it will still be the same story).
>>
>>18449715
And to think they didn't abort only due to the immediate expense of the procedure, it's really ironic
>>
>>18449720
You can move into your own place that doesn't involve roommates. Look into studios. They're pretty affordable if what you say is true (that you're financially capable of moving out).

But honestly it just sounds like you and the OP making excuses for yourselves.
>>
Eh I'm 23 and live with my rents.

>I save 90% of my paychecks (work full time making good money as a welder.)
>Dad is a professional chef who cooks almost every night.
>Going out on multiple dates a week with a couple different girls, might get serious with one soon.
>With the money I'm saving not paying rent I'm about to buy a new car and a new guitar.
>Most of my friends live at home, those that don't are working two jobs just to get by and have zero savings. Too stressed and tired to even take advantage of having their own apartment, never want to have parties, hang out, invite girls over, etc. They're struggling.
>Mom does my laundry and sorts my socks
>Setup a bedroom studio and I can play as loud as I want. Neighbors are too far to be bothered.
>Can vape weed inside
>Parents leave the state/country often and I get the house to myself. Sometimes throw parties.

Honestly it's the shit. I'll probably stay for a year or two more then move to a different state and start a new life, or get a place with a girl in my state and save more money. It's a good feeling having options and not being stuck with excessive bills.
>>
>>18449735
>Honestly it's the shit
Yeah for you, lucky that your parents are in 20% of the wealthiest people
Imagine living in a 2 room apartment with your family and disabled grandmother who is at home all the time, parents come tired from work and argue, no woman would ever want to visit this shithole
>>
>>18449735
>Mom does my laundry and sorts my socks
holy shit lmao
>>
>>18449577
i did not know baby boomers played ffx and visit 4chan
>>
>>18449587
>college kid thinks he is a full fledged adult

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>tfw parents are fine with me living at home

does everyone have terrible mothers and abandoned fathers in this thread or something
>>
>>18449649
shouldn't you be studying and not wasting your loans?
>>
File: AY MER REE CAH.jpg (585KB, 1073x1523px) Image search: [Google]
AY MER REE CAH.jpg
585KB, 1073x1523px
>>18448968

Living with your parents is really quite good. Do it if you can. Just be prepared to put down rent money or help with insurance costs or bills or something eventually.

It's at its most kino-est if you work since you get to save a VAST majority of your paycheck so you're free to do stuff with your money you normally wouldn't.
>>
>>18450131
Oh and to the faggots worrying about not being able to bed their girlfriend in their parents house,just bring her to a motel. A girl who actually likes you won't give a shit(fuck they might even invite you to their place) and hell,neither will a hooker.
>>
I'm 23 and I live at home with my Dad (retired Navy) and my mom who does nothing.

I couldn't afford to leave San Diego because my only income right now is my min wage job and I'm in 6500 worth of debt. I have around 1400 right now and I feel trapped.

How do I save up and move out without joining the military? I'm trying Postmates but I need to keep driving to a minimum so I don't kill my car again...
>>
>>18449782
depends on their situation and how they've dealt with it. I've seen 14 year olds that have grown up more than 30 year olds with children.
>>
>>18450232
You could always look into joining the military.
>>
>>18449577
A good parent wouldn't expect shit cause the parent already lived their life.
>Hurr Durr edgy like muh Linkin Park AMV
It was the parents choice to conceive, not the kid's.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.