[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anxiety and Weed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: TuYkJ.jpg (89KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
TuYkJ.jpg
89KB, 720x960px
So I've been thinking of trying weed again, but after doing more research and reflecting on some negative experiences, I'm not sure if I should, or how I should go about it if I am going to smoke again.

I've had two bad experiences with weed. At first I felt pretty well. A very bodily high both times. Sensations felt heightened, forces pulling at my body. But after a while a negative thought would enter my head and I'd get stuck in a spiral of racing, negative thoughts. I would get extremely self-conscious and feel like I would never get out of this situation. I'm pretty sure I smoked some kind of sativa those times and quite a lot of it too. Having said that, I've had postive experiences where I just smoked on my own, and only smoked a little bit.

I could attribute these experiences to just having smoked too much, or sativa not being my thing, but I'm wondering if weed is right for me in the first place.

I'm mentally stable except for a slight anxiety problem and occasional periods where I lack motivation for things. For a while I was scared of the idea of psychosis and schizophrenia, but I don't have any reason to believe I'm genitically predisposed to it.

So I'm just wondering how people with similar experiences or reactions have delt with this and whether there are any things I should keep in mind if I do try weed again.
>>
Yeah, you should probably stay away from psychedelics.

If you have any signs of mental issues (anxiety, depression, apathy etc) weed will sooner or later make this part of your daily life, it might take excessive use, like it did for me, but that's not necessarily the case. You might think you're not predisposed, but do you really know for sure that none of your family had such issues? In my case, it turned out that it just wasn't something you talked about, which is fairly common

With that being said, weed is generally not that risky, but why bother? That shit makes you dumb and lazy
>>
>>18447919
I get what you're saying. I don't think I would want to go farther than anything like weed.

As far as why I'd bother smoking weed, I've enjoyed the positive experiences I've had with it. So if there's a way to casually enjoy this without the heightened anxiety, I'd like to know how to do that.

There do seem to be a bunch of contradictory narratives though. As it seems like a good amount of people use weed to inhibit their anxiety and depression. While another side seems to say the opposite. Both might be true, or none of it. It's just really hard to tell what's most relevant to me.
>>
For me, smoking weed is like meditation. I manage to stop caring about less important stuff, I forget bad shit I don't want to remember and I'm able to enjoy small things more.

I smoke a lot and in different situations. Only times I can get somewhat anxious is out in public when I'm with people I don't trust or know are idiots. The reason for anxiety there is that those guys can get me into trouble with police etc. because they're dumb.

One of my favorite things to do is play board games, listen to music and smoke with my friends. Listen to some chill jazz, talk and do whatever. Another great things is taking a girl home from a club, smoke with her and then sex or maybe just cuddle and talk.

Been smoking for a long time, have had several breaks, but now its 4 years going strong. I also have a serious full time job and lift weights 6 days a week and am very strict on the diet so I look as great as I feel. AMA
>>
>>18448023
Well, are there any problems like anxiety that you have, or have had in the past? and how do you feel weed affects those things, if at all?
>>
File: 1481002140367.gif (349KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1481002140367.gif
349KB, 300x169px
>>18448175
I've had more trouble with anxiety without it actually, but it's different from person to person. A couple of the guys I grew up with have had to quit now because they got paranoid many times when smoking. It's like alcohol, it's not for everyone.

My advice is to try different things and see how your body reacts, and avoid those things/situations where you know there's a chance you could get anxious.

I also love to go to high ground outside, where I can see everything around me, put on some music and sit there and smoke alone with my thoughts.

protip: weed cures hangovers the next day
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.