[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going Karaoke Sunday with strangers and i'm terrified

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
So my friends birthday is Sunday and he really wants to go Karaoke. All my friends agreed and i've said i'd come. I can't sing for shit and if it was just me him and our three main friends all would be good.

But he's invited a bunch of people he knows (of course) so now i'm going to be singing in front of 10 strangers...and i'm terrified.
>>
>>18447628
Is alcohol available? If so get a bit drunk that way it's excusable
>>
I'm a pretty beta guy, myself... but if you can't even manage this, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>18447628

Very few people are good at karaoke. Just get up there and belt your heart out to whatever shit song you know and no one is ever going to remember or care. It's well known everyone is bad.
>>
>>18447628
Don't be a queer, YouTube singing exercises. Figure out what's your jam, for example I can't hit high notes so I don't sing along to pop songs or the N*gger music my friends like.

Singing so literally one of the only skills that can be completely polished through lessons and exercises.
>>
>>18447628
Simply be the very first one to sing a song. I think it breaks the ice. The longer you wait, the more maybe good singers are before you and you might look retarded. Beimg thw first one you look funny
>>
Protip: The Beatle's Hey Jude is always a good one if you're drunk and can't sing.
>>
File: snob.gif (791KB, 1200x1638px) Image search: [Google]
snob.gif
791KB, 1200x1638px
>>18447628
Run Away!!!! Thats what I always do and it's done me quite well. Now people understand not to invite me anywhere. Thing have never been better tbqh
>>
I love me some karaoke and believe me there will be at least one drunk tone deaf person there that is not singing so much as yelling a song.

You are guaranteed to sound better than this person so loosen the fuck up and just sing a song you like. Get a hold of the playlist and practice a few you know will be on there if you need more confidence. Either that or just make sure you only sing with your friends. Its much easier to sing in a group than it is alone.

>Last Christmas
>motherfucking karaoke
>usually just 2-3 people singing at a time
>Bohemian rhapsody comes up
>everyone gets on the stage
>even the shy girl who didn't sing anything
>only 3 microphones
>14 people
>fuck it
>we all just sings at the top of our lungs

Best Christmas since I was a kid.
>>
>>18447830
This. Find your jam and you'll be more confident.

I lived my whole life thinking I couldn't sing for shit, until people told me my Elvis voice is actually pretty good. I'd just always tried to sing stuff that was out of my league.

Also nobody cares if you fuck up.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.