[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting bullied by my boss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4829.png (3KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4829.png
3KB, 168x168px
God this is gonna be a depressing post.

So I work in security, it's easy as shit. I literally sit in an office all night and watch movies.

Anyway, my boss, who I've known for about 2 years, was staying a little late(Over his shift, during my shift) because he forgot to take a lunch.

So me and him have always been cool, and I actually voluntarily worked 16 hour shifts for an entire week to cover him when his mom died.

Anyway, he's sitting in the office with me and FaceTimed this girl.

He starts like laying into, just talking shit about me and everything, and I was jus sitting there on my laptop, replying lazily and talking shit back but not as bad as he was. The whole time he and this girl were laughing at the shit he said, and I just sat there.

I'm honestly pissed, at myself for not saying anything because I'm a big bitch, and at him for actually doing it.

1) What do I do now?

2) How do I stop being such a mega bitch and start standing up for myself?
>>
File: IMG_4805.jpg (58KB, 573x553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4805.jpg
58KB, 573x553px
Secondary bump with doggo
>>
Record things like this secretly on your phone.
>>
You could stand up for yourself and ask him to stop but I don't know the whole situation so it might not work, or just stop talking to him until he realizes he'll have no one to talk to/cover shifts at work.
>>
>>18447374
I am sorry but i wasnt able to comprehend what were you trying to tell.

He was just bantering you online with girl present? What is the matter?

1 pretend nothing happened?
2 you dont. You work dead end job and working 16 hours each day for whole week tells about your lack of social life more than you wanted to share.

>get gf
>>
What was he actually saying? This is crucial to knowing if you're a mega bitch or just overreacting to friendly talk.

But honestly man, you're a movie watching security guard. I'm sure he's not hugely up the food chain, but you aren't really going to get much respect in life. Time to admit that and get a thicker skin if you wanna just be a comfy layabout forever.
>>
>>18447682
Noted.

>>18447685
He was with me in person and talking to a girl on the phone while he was talking shit to me.

>>18447714
"How do you get women if you're so fucking skinny homie? Like, my dick is thicker than you. And you're white? Damn that fucking sucks hahah. Ay fool, did you ever notice that you have a huge nose? I wonderful if your nose is bigger than your dick hahahah. That's why you like seafood right? Because of that shrimp dick? Ay, you got time off for that chicks party you told me about right? Why are you gonna go if you know she's gonna fuck another guy? She's not gonna fuck you hahahaha"

Shit like that. And the chick he was face timing was occasionally laughing.

I'm really at the job because I'm a biochemistry major and the time sitting here for 8 hours is a perfect job while going to school. I plan to leave once I find another job that works with school.

Maybe I'm just being a big bitch, but that shit came out of nowhere, like sometimes we will joke around but he was just talking mad shit for no reason all of a sudden.
>>
pretty sure the answer you are looking for is because of the female. he was putting you down to make himself look better. but you knew that
>>
>>18448283
Yeah. That makes sense.

He was even saying stuff like "Yeah I have these dumbass fools that work for me, it's exhausting." That dude is 4 years older than me and doing the same damn job.

What do I do now though?
>>
>>18447374

That's what these types of guys do.
They see a girl and they need to show off dominance. So they pick the weakest male (not nessacaily physically weakest. The one with weakest bants, poor social status, etc) and make them the butt of jokes and piss on them.

These guys will act like your best friend, right up until there is a girl they want to impress.

It works.

My advice is to reduce contact as much as possible. I had a "friend" like this once, and he stopped when there was eventually an uncomfortable amount of distance between us.
He wasn't so sure he could get away with it.

I also got better friends and improved my social status, so that helped. I wasn't such an easy target for him.

Understand how these people work and you'll understand how to prevent it.

On a side note, it'll be worth setting an example that this isn't okay. No more covering for him when he needs time off, no more favours.

I'm assuming due to the fact he targeted you, he would clearly win in a direct confrontation, so don't tell him why you reject any favours he asks you to do. Just say that you're to busy. He'll eventually get the hint.
Passive aggressiveness is your best friend against men like this. They operate subtly hiding behind others, so must you.

It's worth noting that this is actually a symptom of psychopathy too. It's something guys like this do.
>>
>>18448290
Astute observation, thanks man.

He's the type of guy to flirt with every female he sees, and has sex/talks about sex all the time. Not gonna lie he gets some pretty hot chicks, but anyway.

I was gonna say something, but I felt like I was just being a little bitch against some banter.

I returned some banter.

HOLY SHIT. Haha he's supposed to relieve me in 10 mins and just texted me asking if I can stay an hour because his dads car died and he has to take him to work.
>>
>>18448307
>HOLY SHIT. Haha he's supposed to relieve me in 10 mins and just texted me asking if I can stay an hour because his dads car died and he has to take him to work.

Sorry, mate. Sounds like you have a nice tinder date to go on and can't cancel.
>>
>>18448320
It's 5am, but I'll use the tinder date line for extra effect.

Speak of the devil. Guess he's gotta rush to work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
I really hope he doesn't get all butt hurt about me not helping him anymore, and starts to fuck with my schedule.

Another thing I like about this job is that I can get days off really easily, usually because I ask my boss and he switches me around.
>>
>>18448287
>>>18448283
>Yeah. That makes sense.
>He was even saying stuff like "Yeah I have these dumbass fools that work for me, it's exhausting." That dude is 4 years older than me and doing the same damn job.
>What do I do now though?
You don't do shit. Next time he does that you make him understand lack of respect toward employee just to be edgy in front of a girl is not really nice. You took it once for fun. Repetition is too much.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.