[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: dug.jpg (85KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
dug.jpg
85KB, 750x937px
I'll make this quick. If someone owes you ~$3,500 for a vet bill, and you have no legal ownership of the pet would you be able to legally take the pet? For this situation assume there was a verbal agreement to pay the vet bill, and they aren't going to willingly pay for it.
>>
>>18447282
Verbal agreement? Well I don't know if you have any chances of getting back that money legally, much less take the pet.
>>
>>18447300
Verbal agreements/contracts are legally binding. I highly doubt you have any background or knowledge in the legal field.
>>
>>18447300
Verbal agreements are legally binding. The only problem is with enforcing them because you have to prove it's existence. Which will be easy considering I have multiple messages referencing this "loan".
>>
>>18447282
i feel an ex-girlfriend scenario coming on...

depends where you live, verbal contracts can be interpreted differently.

try the small claims court if your jurisdiction has them. you'll need to check out some proper legal forum too since there don't seem to be any legal eagles on here right now...
>>
>>18447369
>i feel an ex-girlfriend scenario coming on...

No just a friend. I'm just a nice retard.
>>
>>18447376
well your option is to lose the dough or lose a friend.

and we know what kind of value to place on friends like that.

time for a sit-down and a cup of tea...

ps: don't hand over the pooch til you've got the cash. refuse to do so, force his/her hand.
>>
>>18447387
>well your option is to lose the dough or lose a friend.

Honestly I'd choose the dough any day. "Friends" are always just giving me more reasons not to trust them, and fueling my paranoia. I guess it wouldn't be paranoia though because it's not irrational anymore. I only have 1 friend that I've known for 10+ years.

>ps: don't hand over the pooch til you've got the cash. refuse to do so, force his/her hand.

I'm not the vet. I payed the bill because they couldn't pay it, they agreed to pay me back, and I'm a nice retard.
>>
>>18447282

Joke's on you. With the $3,500 he saved by not paying you for his busted-up dog, he can get like 7 good new dogs.
>>
OP can always dox him/her on here and see if we can rustle up a posse.
>inb4 NPA

PS: 3rd person plurals are ghey as fucking fuck.
>>
>>18447421
>get like 7 good new dogs.

You forgot to factor in emotional attachment to this specific dog. It would destroy him/her if I took the dog.

>>18447455
>summoning an army of the dead.

I think I'll pass on that for now.
>>
>>18447468
Why the him/her androgynous horseshit? You fucking faggot? If I was your mate, I'd fuck you over too for having such a blatant disregard for the English language. Consider it your first lesson in grammar.

PS: If the dog's still at the vets, then he'll be able to get it back since he has the license and the bill's been paid. You just have a worthless receipt. (Unless your contact details are on the docket and you can reclaim the mutt before cunt does.)

Also, what's wrong with holding the fleabag hostage til cunt coughs up? For nigh on 4K, that's what I'd do, and I'm an all-round nice motherfucker.
>>
File: 1484432909829.gif (2MB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
1484432909829.gif
2MB, 400x319px
lawfag here (california)

short answer: no

long answer: dogs are considered property, like a car. and you can't take someone elses property to satisfy their debt to you. you can take them to small claims court and try to get a judgement against them for the vet bill (you will need to prove this was intended to be a loan, not a gift)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.