[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do? Am I heartless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 165375.jpg (32KB, 473x495px) Image search: [Google]
165375.jpg
32KB, 473x495px
>Been pursuing a dream career of mine for 3 years

>It's been working out incredibly well recently.

>My work is being shared/bought by people and certain people I've idolized for quite a while.

>Might be able to make a full-time job out of it and stop what I'm doing now if I manage to keep going.

but

>Mother's brother has leukemia.

>Lives in another country

>I hardly know this man at all. He has forgotten my name more than once, but no harm done.

>Don't feel much towards the situation, because he's a person I don't know at all

>Mom is trying to force me to leave what I'm doing and go see him, despite not knowing/caring because he's family.

>If I leave, it'll fuck up my progress and growth and will take some time to recover.

What would you guys do in a situation like this?

I feel awful that I can't feel anything towards this. I don't know if my depression has anything to do with it, but I feel nothing when it comes to this situation. I'm sad that any human has to deal with what he's dealing with. I'm obviously sad for my mother and will probably go for her, despite not being able to show much support. I've never been a fan of family obligations.I don't know the man. He didn't take any time to know me either. I hold nothing against him.

My "dream career" is composing, by the way. I'm composing for a few projects and also posting music/music videos to youtube. It's recently been going really well, but the only way to keep it growing at this rate is to keep putting out content. I might be able to drop my job (or at least find something part-time) and compose for a living, which my parents fully support.
>>
>>18446636
Sounds like she needs a shoulder to cry on. Is your dad around to comfort her? or is she a
>single mom
I'd tell her if you need someone to talk to give me a call. other then that tell her to fuck off. Don't put your life on hold for someone you don't give a shit about and probably doesn't care about you either. Even if your moms pissed she'll get over it and at least you offered to help in some way.
>>
>>18446651

That actually seems like some pretty fair reasoning. I had to know if it was me being a dick or not. My step dad is around to comfort her, as well as all her brothers and sisters. All I'd do there is be stressed and an extra person to carry around. This is the kind of family that will ridicule you if you don't follow up on a family obligation, but I honestly never gave much of a shit. I have nothing to prove to them. I'm on good terms with the ones I love.
>>
what the fuck is wrong with you, you self-obsessed narcissistic cunt?

get a fucking plane ticket, accompany your mom for a few days, then go fucking home to your shit life.
you support your mom, see your uncle before he kicks the bucket and act like a dutiful son, it's not that bloody hard.
you have nothing to prove? try and start by proving you're a fucking human for starters, fuckface.
>>
>how bad will it hurt your career
Vs
>how bad will it hurt your relationship with your mother

Choose which will be hurt the most and which is most important. If your uncle is about to croak and you don't know him and he can't remember your name then I don't think him seeing you is a big deal.
You have the rest of your life to live.
>>
File: OP_You_Twat.jpg (57KB, 634x476px) Image search: [Google]
OP_You_Twat.jpg
57KB, 634x476px
>>18447562
>>how bad will it hurt your career
he doesn't have a career, he's just another pic related soulless wannabee.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.