[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Settle a debate, Anons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
>married for 10 years
>have 6 children under 7
>be extremely blessed financially to the point where we will likely be paying cash on our second home
>be a tech genius with zero education and a stay at home mother with doctoral degree

His perspective: She gets to stay at home and play all day. Our house is trashed and there are never any groceries in the fridge. She never leaves the house and gets everything delivered to her. She literally does nothing all day but then constantly forwards me groupons for European vacations.

Her perspective: I do clean - I clean all day! But it just isn't enough to keep up. He's right that the house is trashed but we are living in a tiny house when we could afford something 3x bigger if he would just get a mortgage instead of insisting on paying for everything in cash. Also, I've asked for help with housekeeping but he doesn't believe he should have to pay for maid service when he has a wife (also doesn't believe he should have to clean up after himself or the kids since he is working and I'm not). It's also really hard to spend 10-16 hours a day alone because he is too cheap to insure a second vehicle (of our 6 vehicles) so that I can get stuff done while he is working (and he does work 10-16 hours a day, but that's okay because it makes him happy and he's good at what he does) because when it was insured I would only use the car once or twice a week. Also, we haven't had a night without kids for over a year because babysitting is "too expensive." Also, I more or less manage his business relationships and then discuss how every interaction went afterword, which doesn't sound like a lot but it actually takes up a lot of time and energy to research people and prep him on them plus it adds a lot of stress.

Rebuttal (him): I just have to add that rich people don't get that way by having extravagant lifestyles. Being "cheap" is part of the package.

Who is right, Anons?
>>
>>18445831
She is definitely right.
>>
>>18445831

She is. Almost no question. Refusing to insure a second car is some cheap ass shameful shit. You don't get to claim it is a money saving tactic when you have 6 vehicles.
>>
>>18445831

Yeah, I also think that she is in the right

6 children is a fuckload

And it seems ridiculous that she can't drive because he is cheap
>>
>>18445868
>almost
In what circumstances would there be an exception?
>>
File: db8ny.jpg (23KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
db8ny.jpg
23KB, 500x404px
>>18445831

No one is 'right' or 'wrong' here, this is a dispute of social norms and behavioral shit.

>How can the wife buy groceries with no vehicle?
>Wouldn't it be nice to get the kids out of the house and at the park once in awhile during the day?

The man is a saving hound. Cheap everything. Cheap does not always equal good. But since you have a fuck ton of kids, it's almost necessary since the wife is not working.

>Maybe the wife should find a part timer?

Also hire a fucking baby sitter. It's not that expensive and there's an ass ton of teens who are trying to pay their way to college who can do that. That will take stress off of both of you.

>Wife, if you're staying home all the time, doing the dishes and picking up the living area is not hard. Get your kids to clean up their own shit as well.
>Get a maid to come twice or four times a month to do a full cleaning of the house. Upkeep the cleaning in between by picking up.

>Paying cash for a house.
It really doesn't matter what you do here, because you SHOULD be paying for a house that can adequately fit the size of your family. You're a household of EIGHT. You're gonna need a damn big house that your family can grow into. If you need to take out a mortgage for it, then do it, or you're going to be looking for a new house too soon.
>>
>>18445831
>>18445881

Also sell your vehicles that you're not using. That's just equity sitting there, rotting and losing value, unless they're antiques, in which case, fucking sell them. You don't need them.

At most keep 3. One for mom and dad, and one as a backup if anything happens to the others.
>>
>>18445881
>wife getting part time job
She guest lectures at the local university 12-15 hours per week, (really more of a hobby). Im not entirely sure what she makes or what she spends it on but she does surprise me with gifts and trips now and then. Also, I makes well into six figures. It's embarrassing to have her working as much as she is.

(Her) 2/3 are under 1. (Two sets of twins back to back) Not exactly easy to make kids pick up after themselves before they can walk.
>>
>>18446039
>She guest lectures at the local university 12-15 hours per week, (really more of a hobby). Im not entirely sure what she makes or what she spends it on but she does surprise me with gifts and trips now and then.

Thats fucking sweet. Don't lose her over this.

>Also, I makes well into six figures. It's embarrassing to have her working as much as she is.

Nonsense. For some, working is therapeutic and keeps your mind focused and sharp. No shame in working if she wants.

>(Her) 2/3 are under 1. (Two sets of twins back to back) Not exactly easy to make kids pick up after themselves before they can walk.

Aye I see. One woman with 6 children though mate. She needs some help, especially since they are clustered together in age. Her stress will most definitely translate over to you, and you'll both be stressed over something that can be managed with daycare, a nanny, or just a babysitter.

It's normal for people who make much less than you to shell out for daycare services. If you're the man in this relationship, you need to take a deep breath, and start managing money NOT FRUGALLY, but with QUALITY. Say that if you are going to spend money, do it on something of quality.

Money on child care gives you and your spouse peace of mind, relief of stress, and more time to spend with each other, and will bring you all closer as a family. If being with your family is stressful 24/7, no one is going to be happy.

Quality spending, not frugality.
>>
>>18446083
So basically I'm just wrong?

How little would I have to make to expect a wife who can just take care of the house? If I made $90K or even $60K would the response be different?
>>
>>18446104
>So basically I'm just wrong?

Fighting with your spouse and looking for a 'right' or 'wrong' answer just leads to bullying and a screaming fight that both walk away from and is counter productive in every way.

The ticket here is to find common ground. She's stressed. You're stressed. What can we do to solve this?

>How little would I have to make to expect a wife who can just take care of the house? If I made $90K or even $60K would the response be different?

Mate if you were making less than $50k she would probably be working full time, and you'd still have to get daycare services for your kids.

One woman cannot handle 6 children all by herself. Especially when you have multiple kids who are still in diapers. What you're asking for is an impossibility on her part.

Think of it this way, you clock in and out everyday when you go and leave work.
She doesn't. Her work is 24/7 with the kids, house, etc.

Even if she could do it, she'd be depressed AF. Any sane person would.

The matter of the fact is that you have good money. You don't need to live like you're making less than $50k with six children.

Take it to heart mate. Quality spending, NOT frugality.
>>
>>18445831
Are you aware of how messy children are? They are destructive little tornados. You also said that most of them are under 1 right? Imagine all the shitty diapers she has to change every hour. That alone will keep her from doing chores consistently. I have a newborn and I hardly have any time to do chores because she requires my constant attention. I can't imagine having 5 more of her to watch over. Look into some mom blogs or even go on mom forums and ask them what their daily lives are like to get a better perspective. Taking care of little kids is a nightmare because they destroy what you've cleaned almost immediately. I used to work in a daycare and i was running around nonstop after them for 8 hours straight trying to make sure they didn't kill themselves by putting things in their mouthes while also cleaning up their messes. Not a lot of people on here have kids or are stay at home moms so they won't know how to give you proper advice. Go on babycenter forums or something like that and ask them for a better perspective.
>>
>>18446173
I also think you should try staying home with them for a day to see what she has to do during your absence. Have her go out for a day so you can see how monitoring 6 children is a shit show and a constant energy suck.
>>
>>18445831
You want your wife to be a docile 1950s stereotype. She's not, she's a fucking human being.

Other anon is right. That many kids is too much for one person, especially if they're all young. Remember, childcare is work too. She rarely gets a break from it.

Stop caring so much about your manly image and pull your fucking weight -- if that means getting groceries and helping her with the kids while she cleans, fucking do it. You'll see that it isn't nearly as easy as you think.
>>
How is she supposed to get groceries if there isn't an available car and she's expected to take all the kids with her? 1-3 kids is a hassle to take to the store, I can't imagine how hellish that many children would be.
She's honestly living my nightmare. Too many kids, ungrateful husband, no free time. Yikes.
>>
>>18446410
>how is she supposed to get groceries
I've made time to be home for her to go at night after the kids are in bed.

But okay I get it. I just think it's riduculous to pay to have a maid when she's already at home. Seems like the consensus IRL so it's weird that it's different on here.
>>
>>18446595
>I just think it's riduculous to pay to have a maid when she's already at home.
It's not ridiculous because she's looking after 6 kids.
Do you work in an office? How'd you like it if ontop of youre work load you had to clean the office space. Why hire a janitor? We already have employees.
>>
File: 1322363268142.jpg (27KB, 468x312px) Image search: [Google]
1322363268142.jpg
27KB, 468x312px
>>18446595
>I've made time to be home for her to go at night after the kids are in bed.

How thoughtful of you
>>
>>18446142
this anon know.

compromise will be the key.
>>
Any advice for the wife?
>>
>>18448649
Get a IUD and stop having this dumbass' kids.
>>
>>18445873
Oppression of the white race will only make the whites who aren't desensitized want to breed more and more.
>>
>>18448661
this
>>
>>18448677
I'm not a /pol/fag like this guy probably is; but there is truth to the idea that conservative whites are definitely increasing their fertility.
I make just shy of 6 figures myself, and want 3 or 4 for myself.
>>
>>18445831
>6 children
You are part of the problem.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.