[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to resist the urge to contact her again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1469662331059.jpg (214KB, 767x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1469662331059.jpg
214KB, 767x1024px
So my gf broke up with me a few days ago and I blocked on every social media we share. How do I resist the urge to unblock her?
>>
>>18445781

realize what a stupid question this is.
>>
>>18445783
I know unblocking her would be stupid, but you can do some stupid shit when heartbroken. My question is how do I stop myself from doing said stupid shit.
>>
>>18445795

no, i wasn't saying unblocking her would be stupid. your question is stupid. think about this logically anon, why would there be something you can do to stop your self from unblocking her?

think about it. if you don't have enough control to /not/ unblock her, what possible extra steps would you have the self control for to make sure you don't unblock her? you are trying to add an extra step which only makes it more difficult.

don't unblock her. that is literally the only thing you can do.
>>
>>18445781
Distract yourself. Don't lay in bed and mope about her. Go out on a walk and pay careful attention to your surroundings. Really look at everything around you- you glance over a lot. Pay attention to what you can smell. Feel the sensation of what's on your skin, your clothes, the sun's rays or the rain. Listen to what you can hear, the birds, the cars, the wind, the airplanes.
Try and do all these things at the same time. Personally, I can't pay attention to more than a few at a time. I'll realize that I'm not looking around carefully anymore because I'm focusing on the sounds.

It's hard to also think about her when you're doing these things.

Otherwise, accomplish things. Clean and organize your home, update your resume, create something, cook a meal.
>>
>>18445781
Get /fit/
>>
>>18445781
Channel it into something constructive, like getting fit, or study.
Think to yourself 'the next time we see each other, I wanna show off how much better of a person I am without her.' It sounds shallow, but it gets you going. If you stick at it long enough, eventually you start to feel better, and your reason changes from showing off to just improving yourself as a person. Then you won't care to unblock her, because you'll be obsessing over something healthy rather than obsessing over her.

t. A guy who got his heartbroken twice by the same girl.
>>
I'm in the same boat OP.

The 2 things that helped me the most was going to the gym and talking to other girls.

Tinder is fucking amazing - my relationship lasted 4 years so I never got to try it out as it wasnt around yet when I was single
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.