[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting Bullied

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: received_191283878064232.png (185KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
received_191283878064232.png
185KB, 500x500px
I'm a senior in high school and I'm getting bullied by a few people. The main guy used to be my friend, but left to join the druggies and now makes fun of me whenever he's near his friends. He told my friend that he does it because he hates himself and wants to feel better about himself. The people he hangs out with do it too. They've never been violent with me, it's just verbal insults and disrespect.

I don't really care what a bunch of druggie degenerate think and I brush the insults off as nothing, but I hate being disrespected like this and it's embarrassing to be made fun of and look weak in front of them. It's not like I can beat shit out of the main guy, he's stronger and taller than me. He spreads rumours about me and gets people against me.

What can I do to get him and the others to shut up and stop talking about me? I've been improving my social skills, becoming more assertive and lifting for strength to avoid this, but I've got to tie up these loose ends from my more awkward days.
>>
>>18445534
Best advice I can give is simply act like you don't give a fuck at all, as if their dead to you. People tend to verbally bully because they want to trigger you and get a reaction from you, the less you show that you care the more they will get bored with trying to piss you off, don't enable them.
>>
Learn to laugh at yourself.

People don't really see point in bullying someone who attacks them selfs.
>>
>>18445554
I've been doing this in all of my interactions with them and it's been working well on most of them, but because the main guy personally knew me he keeps doing it even if I show that I don't care and don't react. The others tried to push my buttons alone and failed to get me to react, but when they're with the main guy that start making fun of me again. When they're in a group I still don't react and I ignore, but if they see me again they'll do it again. They just take out their self-esteem issues on me because they can.
>>
Start taking more potent drugs then them to show how alpha you are.

Also maybe stopping with the kill Jews memeing will probably help you get more friends at this current juncture in your life.
>>
>>18445570
Hmm... This may work if I do it right, but I'm worried that they'll keep making me insult myself in front of others to embarrass me and ruin my reputation more.
>>
>>18445581
I'm not going to waste my money on drugs (though the main guy sold to me back when we were friends).

Also don't worry, I ain't going to talk about frogs, tendies and that ancient tribe from Israel in public unless with friends who do too.
>>
>>18445578
Just agree with the mainguy then until he runs out of insults. Example, if he keeps calling you a faggot or loser e.t.c just say in a can't be bothered with you tone, "uhuh sure am bud" or "whatever you say g" a retort along those lines each time will get to him, he will get tiresome and eventually stop.

If he continues for days longer question him on why he is so interested in you, say along the lines while he is with his mates "you've been trying to get my attention for awhile do you have a crush on me or something or would you rather talk to chicks?". Be the smarter one and manipulate them by being 2 steps ahead.
>>
>>18445534
Dude, you're a senior in high school. You have a year left. Just do your time and never deal with that bullshit again.

NOTHING in high school actually matters.
>>
>>18445583
Then there were still some things you weren't ready to laugh at in yourself.

The problem isn't that they laugh at you. The problem is that you think the thing they are laughing at is something important you should be protecting.

Your question is like a little kid who's been told Santa isn't real asking if he isn't getting any presents then. You aren't still seeing the point here.

People will see the real you if they ever talk yo you. If they don't it doesn't matter what they think of you. If the truth is the thing you are afraid here you should really think things over.
>>
>>18445554
Worst advice ever. To bullies you're actually setting a challenge like that. "How long 'till he cracks?"

Now, like the other anon suggested, self humor might help. If you don't take them seriously yet don't ignore them, they might lose interest.

ALSO
Just in case, carry something for self defense. It'll make you feel safer and more confident too.

ALSO

Roast em back hard if ya can. But only if it's like "truth bombs" kind of roasting, not something light. Something to shock them and leave them speechless. (Also, make sure they don't have truth bombs against you too)
>>
>>18445748
Have a roast war like school kids. Shit advice
>>
>>18445748
It's got nothing to do with wait until he cracks you spastic, it's to dismiss them.
>>
wow op sounds like a faggot. no wonder he gets bullied, lol
>>
>>18445779
Idk bro, I kind of agree with that anon. Bullies can have that mindset of "how long till he cracks". I can tell from experience, I ignored my bullies, laughed pretending I didn't care and they just kept going a bit more extreme and pushing me a bit more to the edge every week.
>>
>>18445810
It's either hope that works but actually don't be weak and really not give a shit about them, or you have to fight back, may it be verbally or physically and if you get your ass kicked the torment may continue anyway.
>>
Idk man, it seems like I'm fucked. Whether I ignore the main guy or not he's going to continue to act like an asshole.

Something to note. I've never asked them to stop because I didn't think our would work. Should I tell them to stop? What should I say, how should I say it? I don't want this to make it worse so tell me if this is a bad idea.
>>
>>18445908
Telling a bully to stop bullying you, I don't think that will work anon you will look easier to target.
>>
>>18445917
Yeah, I feel that they will think they struck a nerve and will push harder. Has asking a bully why he's acting like an asshole ever worked?
>>
File: Arghhh.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Arghhh.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>18445908
Just tell them to fuck off with intent and if they don't heed your words then fight for your independance and go down swinging like a man, you need to break the conditioning NOW!!!
>>
>>18445927
Could do 40/60%, if they reply with no legitimate reason though then they are just pissing you off for fun and since you are evidently bothered they will continue.
>>
Fight him even if you lose. Bullies don't want to mess with anyone who fights back. The advice telling you to ignore bullies won't work for you because you obviously do care what this guy and your schoolmates think of you.
>>
>>18445985
I'm pretty sure if he beat me in a fight he would start threatening to do it again and if I throw the first punch he will get me in trouble legally or suspended.
>>
>>18445761
They ARE school kids.But yeah, I agree it's not the best advice I have given. But better than nothing. It's not like he can physically fight them. (He said so himself).
>>18445779
>>18445860
You never got bullied nor you friends gotten bullied nor being a bully?
I went through all 3.
You get bullied, you try to ignore and seem "strong", but they keep coming back harder and harder. You won't get help from friend nor administration since it's shameful, and if someone knows you are the one who asked for help you'll get socially fucked bc bullies are usually popular.
Friends getting bullied - they usually won't accept help nor go to administration. It's shameful and I get it.
Being a bully (Although I was the soft kind, and for a really short while. I regret being a bully since it's pathetic) - The less he reacts the funnier it gets since you get a rush. "How long till he cracks?? How far can I go with this shit?? Holy shit I don't get punished?!" etc etc.

You don't know shit my dude
>>
>>18446096
Actually back when I was in school bullying was the norm. It escalated into two year groups getting into punch ups at lunch, between classes e.t.c even to the point were my little sister was targeted because of the beef, but we weren't pussies back then we had to take beatings and give them. I know he is passive and just wants to be left alone but from the way his situation is which I already gathered he can't fight, his only options were to ignore or inevitabley fight back depending on how bad they bullied him. if it's just insults that's nothing hence why I said simply ignore but if they got rough then he has no choice but to fight back. He said himself if he initiated the fight the other guy will likely snitch to authorities or to teachers, so I assume he is just a bitch and if one of the boys back from my days in school did that he would be laughed at bashed further and called a coward. So fair to say he isn't tough just a faggot who throws insults whom you can ignore.
>>
>>18446238
Today's bullying is much less physical. Hell, sometimes if you hit a bully back, you'll get punished instead of the bully. (Happened to my little brother).
I guess our disagreement comes to your more... Physical experiences.
Short story long - Just finished high school, bullying is (usually) way less physical and more about shaming in public. At least from where I'm from.
Also, I agree with OP he shouldn't physically fight, since his bully got friends and he doesn't have any violent friends (probably. I'm just assuming here).
>>
>>18446009
Being suspended is worth it if it means not getting bullied again. Bullies only pick on people who don't fight back.

t. Got suspended for fighting a bully
>>
>>18446354
Alright so what would your advice be? if it's safe to say he will still be bullied and you don't agree with shrugging them off but neither with fighting, what would be the best way to go about this.
>>
>>18446380
Self humor and not taking them seriously. As in - If you act like their friend and their victim, they get all confused. (I made a friend-bully like that. It was awkward for me.). But that's only if he has the social skills to pull it off.

Or if he can't pull such thing off and prefer being hostile-
He should just cuss back and show confidence and presence. He gets bullied verbally, he should counter verbally.
>>
>>18446437
Instead of their victim****
>>
>>18446437
You do realize that in some instances that could make the situation worse. If he thinks you think he is your friend, he could set you up for embarrasment or manipulate you into doing things for him, essentially you become his bitch. Not saying that's a bad way to go about it, but all methods depends on the bully as an indivdual an his morality.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.