[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Close friends puttng me down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: sad cutie.jpg (7KB, 295x295px) Image search: [Google]
sad cutie.jpg
7KB, 295x295px
Why do my close friends put me down all the time? I don't understand. They're so helpful, and there for me all the time, so why do they put me down so much? Why would you want to get close to someone and help them if you're just going to say cruel and judgemental things?
>>
>>18445504
>examples

they say that I am
-obviously a 4channer
-conceited and ugly
-pathetic and a lowlife
-stupid
-aspergers
-slightly lazy eye

The insults are a little bit simplistic, but there is a grain of truth to each of them. Why would they want to throw insults at me, though? Is that what friends are supposed to do?
>>
>>18445504
>They're so helpful
>put me down so much

Pick one.
>>
>>18445513
I never quite understood why people use Asperger syndrome as an insult. It doesn't come close to regular Autism.

I've had pretty much everything you gave as an example told to me by what I thought were good friends. I broke it off with these people because I have friends to be there for me and to have fun with, not to be put down because they have an incentive to.

It'll be really hard at first, OP, but it's the right decision.
>>
>>18445528
Thank you, but not really. Not everything is so black and white.

They have helped me a lot in life. I don't want to rant about it, but there is evidence to prove this. One of them, I don't know if I would have survived without. That's why it is so shocking when they put me down like this.

I know one of them is very sick, but the other is two decades older than me. What inspires a person to want to be cruel to someone they are usually nice to? Girlfriends have been the same way.

A woman told me once, she was like sixty or something, that dealing with people I don't actually like in order to socialize is an aspect of life, but you would think that most people could refrain from insulting their friends.

Did one of my opinions offend them? I'm not the type to put my friend down, but maybe my opinion on something like their favorite TV show for example hurt their feelings?
>>
>>18445539
Seconding this. Your "friends" sound like assholes whose only solace in life is putting down an easy target (no offense OP, but if I had to guess, your self-esteem is not sky-high), just to boost their own egos. They sound like rotten children, and you should distance yourself as best you can.
>>
>>18445543
Just because they helped you out before doesn't make you obligated to be their friend. The person they were and the people they are now are different, and you need to respect yourself enough to recognize that.
>>
It's a friendly way of telling you to get your shit together.
>>
>>18445557
How? Do you know anything personally about OP?
>>
>>18445539
>aspergers is not really a big insult
yeah I know. it's not even recognized as a condition anymore. the only autism spectrum that is recognized as a condition is when it definitely causes marked problems (can't make eye contact, doesn't know how to carry a conversation etc.)

>it'll be really hard to break it off at first, OP
I don't know if I'll ever find people who are truly good. My mom was a Zen Buddhist and my dad was a Christian. I was taught to be thoughtful and good to friends. I don't know why everyone wants to be so competitive, jealous and deceitful, just because the stupid media the digest says to.

I don't want to be a lonely misanthrope. The world is so fucked up.

Much worse things have happened, but I can't find a real friend for the life of me. People don't know that I would always be there for them. They just see my expressionless face and assume I am one of the crueler ones. Sometimes I hate being alive.
>>
>>18445557
how am I supposed to fix "aspergers" and a slightly lazy eye? they don't recommend surgery on it, and "aspergers" is thought to be incurable. I get along pretty well with people for someone who grew up daydreaming and staring at bugs while the b o y z played football.

and things like needing to stop being such a sad channer are common sense. do you really think that sort of thing needs to be explained?

and what about accusing me of being ugly and conceited? I don't think that I am good looking. I just believe that everyone should remember the positive about themselves. I have a photographer who makes everyone look like a badass in their shots, no matter what their appearance is.
>>
>>18445563
I always found that people online can be better friends than those in real life.

Humans are more or less programmed to be assholes, unfortunately. I can be an asshole for no reason sometimes, but it's to get a reaction out of that person. Saying "just don't react to them, it'll go away" is almost never a good thing to do either. You need to take action for these kinds of things.
>>
>>18445574

If you have all of that going on then you probably need better friends.
>>
>>18445576
I am the one who might insult someone by pointing out what they do/like is not helpful to them. It is to be constructive, not to hurt their feelings.

Those I truly look up to do this without even being insulting. They have perfected it.

That is so much different than someone just tossing a petty insult out that can't be turned into anything constructive. When someone does that it just looks like the person is trying to make the other feel bad about themselves.

I'll do this if the person is, say, cheating on me or being racist. I don't just throw it out there out of the blue.

Even my roommate who started out very nice (probably to try to get me to like him) negs me everytime we have a conversation.

Literally the only people who don't neg me are high achievers who have made it their life's work to help people, and my mom. Why should I want to live in a world where the vast majority are shitty to each other?

All of this amazing technology and medicine is a projection of what people want for themselves onto others. If you look at the actual societal machine, it is self-gratifying, self-justifying and cruel.

Why should anyone be happy with online friends, when we're social creatures that need face-to-face interaction?

>>18445603
I don't know if those are out there for me.
>>
>>18445628
I say to go places where people meet up over hobbies you really, really enjoy. If it's "cringy", then people there are probably in the same situation as you and will be easier to relate to.
>>
>>18445643
ill keep trying. my depression is probably beating me down. we play videogames where the characters are murderous savages and have a good time. I guess life is all about how you frame it.
>>
No company is better than bad company. Don't worry. You won't become a misanthrope unless you let yourself become one.
>>
>>18445655
Yes, but many of those characters are relatable for what humanity they show.

If you're into Halo, I highly recommend reading the books. Eric Nylund is a fantastic author and even if you don't play Halo, the books show how great each and every character is, and it shows you that they have purpose.
>>
Are they saying it jokingly or actually insult you with the purpose to offend, OP?
>>
People call it "roasting" and some people do it for fun for whatever reason. You could talk to them, and best case they'll say that they would never want to hurt you, that they're so sorry, and they won't do it again. If they slip up, when you say, "Heey...." then they'd hopefully say, "Aw jeez, sorry, Anon!"
Worst case they say, that they "didn't MEAN it! You need to learn how to take a joke!"

In the end, their intention doesn't matter if the result is that you feel awful. Don't keep people around that make you feel that way. Set boundaries.

t. Someone who had to split with friends who liked to "poke fun"
>>
>>18445504
They are hazing you. Here is what I'd do but understand I'm a ball busting shit talking mother fucker. The next joke they tell at your expense I'd turn to who ever said it and say this "is that what you really think of me?" After they give you the BS jk reply. I'd further kick their nuts in by saying "90% of all jokes have some basis in the truth".
Then to full kick the rhetorical shit out of them I'd say sarcasm is the lowest form of humor and borderline retards have even mastered it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.