[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think my dad is autistic.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: very_sad_pepe.jpg (372KB, 900x880px) Image search: [Google]
very_sad_pepe.jpg
372KB, 900x880px
Anons I'm convinced at this point my dad is either a high functioning autist or has aspergers. He's 63 years old, is successful at his job (doctor), and has done a lot for me and I appreciate it, but I'm absolutely sick of his bullshit spergouts. My mom keeps telling me to be patient and deal with it like she's done for all these years but I can't stand it anymore.
Let me give you an example:
>be me 19 years old
>been living alone for 9 months of college
>come home during summer two weeks ago
>one day I'm on my computer late at night (3 am)
>my dad proceeds to yell at me and rant about how I'm living an absolutely bohemic lifestyle and how I completely lack any sort of time organization during the day and how I will fail at life if I keep this up.
>I just nod and say ok you're right I'll go to sleep now to appease him because I've been through this before and it's not worth arguing.
>he doesn't stop, he keeps yelling the same shit just rephrased for 15 minutes straight
>I'm in bed right now
>HE'S STILL FUCKING YELLING AND I'M TRYING TO GO TO SLEEP
>I rush outside and lash out about he's not making any sense right now and how there is literally nothing wrong staying up late on my computer during my break especially as an adult and tell him to shut the fuck up.
>he stops
keep in mind I'm not an irresponsible loser so he's not justified. I help around the house, and I keep up with my studying. I won't deny that I procrastinate sometimes but I'm not "bohemic" in any way. To him not living on a strict schedule 24/7 according to what he sees fit is insane apparently.
theres more
>>
cont.

>today after dinner
>been wanting to buy a guitar
>have no money
>ask my dad for money to buy a guitar
>he tells me he doesn't like my grades this semester and that he'll buy me one if I improve my grades.
>tell him that my grades are my personal responsibility, and that it isn't really relevant to giving me money for a guitar
>he says I'm still not buying it
>I say ok and leave. I don't even argue
>5 minutes later he comes to me yelling if I think my grades are my personal responsibility then everything is my personal responsibility and makes an empty threat about not paying for my college anymore because I don't appreciate anything he does.
>I shut up and wait it out until he leaves.

>be in college 4 months ago
>dad comes to visit
>as always he's analyzing and criticizing the way I do every single fucking house chore
>he goes off at me because I don't organize my washed underwear in pairs of underpants and undershirts, starts yelling because he can't find a certain undershirt and accuses me of losing it because im unorganized
>I look at the clothes hanger where I leave shit to dry
>it's there
>show it to him so he shuts the fuck up.

>he's a hygiene freak. when we were kids, every time we went out of the house for anything and came back in he would make us sit outside in the door way until each one of us took a shower and was deemed clean enough to sit anywhere inside the house. he no longer does this for some reason.
>>
>he constantly argues with my younger brother because he plays a lot of vidya.
>my brother is a straight A student
>note that he does this even during summer break
>keeps telling my brother to do something else with his day, but provides no alternatives. we live in an apartment building in a crowded city so my brother can't really go out and be active.
>he can't really go to his friends's homes and hang out with them often because they all live far away.
>no nearby youth centers or clubs because we live a third world shithole.
so besides house chores and studying my brother has nothing to do at all. I've tried to explain to my dad this situation and he only responds with "I don't care if he sits down all day and does nothing but not play videogames all day".

>he once called an uber driver for me since I was visiting I friend (whenever he gets the chance he HAS to be the one to call a driver for me. he always wants to track me). I was going to the friend's house for the first time so I wasn't too familiar with the way. The driver was following his GPS and I guess it gave him longer than usual directions. My dad proceeded to call the driver and yell at him for "taking the long way on purpose to cost us more money".

anons i'm fucking sick of this. this has become my everyday life. Pls help.
>>
>>18445424
I know I'm gonna get REEEEEEE'd at for this but
>all men are autistic

The trick is to find a way that you and your old pot and pan can communicate. Trying sitting him down when he's in a good mood and having a couple of kings together.
>>
>>18445432
I've tried this before. It always ends up with some sort of variation of "I'm the parent and you depend on me so do as I say. Do whatever you want when you can support yourself".
>>
>>18445444

You were an entitled little shit when you asked for guitar money and put up a for when he gave you a reason why he didn't want to give you money.
>>
>>18445477
Yeah I realized that at the moment that's why I said ok and left. Why follow it up with an irrelevant spergout five minutes later though?
>>
>>18445477
It's not like I kept arguing. I just told him that I wasn't really convinced with his reasoning and when he didn't budge I stopped talking. There is literally nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>18445493

Well, his spergout in that case was probably because you didn't communicate with him that you realized you were in the wrong and why, so from the outside it just looked like you were entitled and didn't understand how you came off, then walked away when you didn't get what you wanted. That's why he came back with the "you're ungrateful" lines. I'd be pretty pissed, too, if I was your father in that position.
>>
>>18445499

There is, you just refuse to see things from any angle but your own in that case. If someone came to me after I've supported them for a long time, asking for more money, and I asked them to prone themselves for it, and that person said "I don't like your reasoning" then walked away, they'd be lucky I didn't cut off some of their funding in response for being such a little shit.
>>
He pays for your school stop bitching, I stopped talking to my ass of a dad. All that got me was 84k in student loan debt.
>>
>>18445502
>>18445502
Ok I can concede this. What about everything else though.
>>
>>18445521
I get that he pays for my school which is why I'm not bitching at him and complaining about what he does here. I wouldn't ask for advice here if I could just stop talking to him without getting myself in the situation you're in.
>>
>>18445540

Hard to tell without context, but it seems it of place. How old are you? I'd never tell him anything about what I'm doing personally. He sounds like how my mother is. I avoid telling her anything about myself at all costs.
>>
Where do you exactly live?
>>
>>18445551

Feed him only necessary information. Don't give him ammo. Predict things he'll have issues with, and don't let him catch wind of them if at all possible.
>>
>>18445556
I'm 19. I'm horrible at lying or hiding things, especially with my dad because he makes an effort to be as involved as possible with most aspects of my life,
>>18445567
>Predict things he'll have issues with, and don't let him catch wind of them if at all possible.
been trying to do that. it's not easy trying to be so attentive like this all the time, especially after living alone for a while I'd gotten used to doing whatever I want whenever I want.
>>
>>18445611
>whatever I want whenever I want.
inb4 i'm a cunt who doesn't care about the people he lives with.
all I literally do is go out with friends sometimes, read books, draw a bunch, and shitpost here every now and then. I'm pretty reserved and help around the house when needed.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.