[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stuck lying about attraction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: concern.jpg (25KB, 480x433px) Image search: [Google]
concern.jpg
25KB, 480x433px
hi /adv/,
I've been feeding my girlfriend the fantasy that I don't/can't feel physical attraction to anyone else the way I feel about her. I'm a solid 7.5/10 so there have been some very pretty girls showing interest which has led to even lying about attraction to these specific girls.

The reason that I tell these stupid lies is because we've put our mutual 'exclusive attraction' on such a pedestal and confessing now feels like it might ruin the relationship. She says she feels attraction only to me, which makes me hope she's in the same seat as me.

>tl;dr I've lied about attraction towards others and want to confess without ruining the relationship

what should I do? Confess? How do I do that without ruining everything?
>>
>>18440952
Why do you need to confess? Just keep it quiet, it's a collaborative lie, you both obviously find other people attractive but saying you don't is shorthand for 'I'm committed to you'.
>>
File: avatar_1497974453699.jpg (37KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
37KB, 620x620px
>>18440952
Nah man that happens to literally every guy. You aren't different. That being said dont say it because while we all appreciate someone else's looks we certainly don't fucking spout our opinions on them in front of our partners.

You can look at the menu, but you just cant order. And no point in saying to your gf that someone else's meal looks good.
>>
>>18440958
I'm not sure if she finds it as obvious that I find other people attractive, which might make her feel like she's perpetually lying non-collaboratively and we know what lies do to relationships. The atmosphere has been kind of poor lately and I think that this font of guilt and self-betrayal might be the reason for it, which is why I feel the need to talk to her.

besides, secrecy enhances passion so her attraction to some dude might grow out of proportion as a result and I really don't want that.
>>
>>18440952
There's nothing wrong with that. I'm in a committed relationship and wouldn't leav her for anyone but I find other people attractive on a daily basis.

Do you mean you want to leave her for these people? If you think you should talk about your attraction to other people, mention it to her. Straight up. Tell her you need to talk.
>>
>>18440952
Your relationship is built on lies anon.
>>
Relationships work because you make them work. It doesn't matter if you're a 40/10 or a damn 2.5/10 or who throws themselves at you. We all tell white lies when we love someone, because sometimes lies just make life a little easier.
But, if you're a miserable horndog and think flings or a new relationship would cure that, do eet.
>>
Op if the atmosphere has been poor lately it's probably best not to jump to conclusions about why but instead to ask her what's wrong, that she seems (uncomfortable/down/stressed) lately and ask if there's anything you can to help. if u lead in with finding other girls attractive and it turns out she's worried/upset about something else it's gonna be an awkward conversation for sure.
But if it is the exclusive attraction thing make sure to make it clear to her why she's the only one for you (if she is). On top of her good looks, she's kind, caring, a great partner and whatever it is that makes her your number one. Tell her about a great memory you guys have together or something specific you like about her.
It seems to me like something else might be bothering her though, op, so be prepared for that possibility too.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.