[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is getting an Arts Degree worth it? I want to become a sports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Is getting an Arts Degree worth it? I want to become a sports writer and applied for University but now i'm having second thoughts.
>>
Don't go to uni
Get a trade

Journalism is an extremely difficult field to make money in and find good work. I'm at the end of a biology degree and my job prospects are non existent.

Don't study at university unless you are doing STEM; and even then finding work is not guaranteed
>>
>>18440938
Journalism is dead m80.
Do a degree in something you're interested in, but nothing too niche (eg do it in English not just journalism) and make sure you get lots of stuff on your CV such as you can eg volunteering, summer jobs, clubs etc.
>>
Yea if you want a fulfilling career as a Starbucks barista, go for it.
>>
>>18440938
No.

If its not stem, stay away.

Journalism is offered in college programs if thats what you really want.

Or you can blog and build a portfolio and use that.

But an arts bachelor is almost never worth it anymore.
>>18440942

Also this. I have an arts degree. I once had a managemeny job where it was a minor point if interest at the interview. (even though unrelated).

Then i got a trade because that job sucked. Im the happiest ive ever been.
>>
As someone who's currently halfway through my art degree, no. No it's not. Get an real job that will actually get you hired, and make art on your free time. The best way to get out there these days is to just post your stuff on the internet and get a following and go from there, you don't need a degree for that. If I could go back in time and choose a different major I would.
>>
>>18440938
Sometimes your degree will have nothing to do with what you actually do for a living. I know a guy who works in the oil field with an AG degree, Get a substantial degree in STEM based stuff, then on the side, work on doing what you like. If you can land in a place that does journalism then great, you have a STEM degree and a journalism job. If you can't find a journalism job, then at least you can do STEM work, get paid nice moneys, until you find that journalism job you want.
>>
>>18440942
>dude your dreams are hard to achieve so just give up on them lol
>>
>>18442229

Well when youre talking the cost of uni, yeah, back the fuck out.

Id love to see you behind a poker star whos put in 20k on the river and calculates his odds of winning to be low when his opponent raises another 20k when you whisper in his ear "dude you should go for it you might hit them quads!"
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.