[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1475740105721.jpg (237KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1475740105721.jpg
237KB, 650x650px
I'd like to stop being a 19 year old sperg and learn to interact with people so I figured I'd try getting a job during the summer.
Is fast food my only option if I have no skills? I've graduated high school and speak english fluently in a non-anglophone country, but that's it.
How should I go about searching for a job?
>>
>>18440776
You could get into retail with no experience and no skills. There are quite a few other places like restaurants, movie theaters, or factories that might hire you. You just need to find them and apply.
>>
>>18440778
What's it like being a cashier? I've been considering applying to the nearest supermarket actually.
>>
>>18440790
I'm a cashier actually, so you asked the right guy. I started out as a bagger and then was promoted a few months later after I asked for a promotion from my manager. Being a cashier is a pretty easy job for the most part. The only time I have any problems with it are when I get rude and difficult customers. Money counting is very easy, even as someone with minimal math skills. At the grocery store chain I work for , we are tracked on the speed with which we ring up customers. I am very skilled at my job in this regard and consistently perform as the top or one of the top cashiers in my score. If you end up being tracked by speed it is very easy to do a good job, as long as you are clever and know what you're doing. Another thing about being a cashier is that it gives you the opportunity to develop your interpersonal communication skills. You typically have the chance to talk to other cashiers during downtime and of course can chat up any customer you'd like as a part of your job. Of course, you don't have to. Typically I keep to myself when chatting with customers, but the occasional small talk is nice. When starting out as a bagger, I was extremely shy, so being forced into a cashier position where I needed to speak clearly and talk to people was very good for me, personally. I think that other people who experience anxiety would benefit from the social experience of being a cashier.
>>
>>18440807
That was really helpful, thanks anon.
>>
>>18440807
One thing I kind of messed up in writing; typically, I am guarded when chatting with customers. If you're reserved like me, there is nothing you truly need to be bothered by with being forced to interact with people. Most of the interactions you will have are very impersonal and very few will know the real you.
>>
>>18440808
No problem man
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.