[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you become happy, and stay happy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1497149172394.gif (559KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1497149172394.gif
559KB, 200x150px
after a year and a half of being the most depressed i have ever been, i finally am able to say that i dont want to be depressed anymore and want to be happy.

what are some things i can do to be happy?
i live in the middle of the desert so i cant go for walks at night because hyenas and black people, and its way to hot in the day for walks, walks used to be my go to thing to do but i recently moved so now i cant.
>>
>make a goal
>achieve it
>look for another

as you fail and succeed youll learn alot about yourself, eventually ending up doing what you really like

most depressed ppl are depressed because they dont know themselfs and keep wanting what others have, they cant obtain it because they arent motivated enough to do so since its not their destiny, children and young adults are especially vulnerable to this if their parents ignored them or forced them into something they dont like
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>18440713
Think better thoughts. What do you think happy people think about? Make the best out of every situation.
>>
>>18440713
Look up tony Robbins on YouTube.
>>
>>18440796
wishful thinking is actually bad, only ppl who dont have mental issues say that
>>18440858
youtube is trash, younglings shouldnt visit it for lifechoices
>>
>>18440878
Wish full thinking? No, what ever you think you believe. If you think something is hopeless then you will love cecyou life that way. Change your perception and you will change your life. What I gather from your post. Is your a pessimist who thinks chamfering your out look is just "wishful thinking" how's that working for you dude? Have a great life full of enjoyment? No I wonder why.
>>
peter singer talks about happiness a lot- he's spent decades trying to figure out how to live ethically and make the world the happiest place it can be. one thing he said that rocked my world was that there are 2 definitions of happiness. the first definition is the state of pleasure that comes and goes in response to stimuli, and this form of happiness is ethereal and unable to be attained through conscious effort. The better definition, according to singer, is how you feel about how well your life has gone so far, and how well it seems it will continue to go.

someone who is setting goals and achieving them experiences about the same amount of the first definition of happiness as any other person does, due to the homeostatic nature of neurochemistry. however, this person, having achieved the goals they have set, feels good about how well their life is going. this is the only real kind of happiness, and can only be obtained by living in a way that you feel is "good", and accords to your own set of values.
>>
>>18441149
to elaborate, if you believe that you are living according to your own values and yet remain unhappy in an overall sense, it is likely that you have not figured out what your intrinsic values are, and are instead trying to live according to the values of others, or possibly values that you may rationally conceive but do not actually line up with the unique unconscious values that you hold.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.