[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Would you sacrifice your beliefs/morals for love?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Would you sacrifice your beliefs/morals for love?
>>
What do you mean beliefs/morals?
>>
>>18440201
>Would I give up my only discerning and truly identifying features for some else's attention

Mate if you wanna go literal, we humans are nothing but our thoughts. I'd be happy so see argument and maybe change my mind there off. But outright give up on my morals. Lol no
>>
Is it really love if you have to sacrifice your fundamental values? Isn't that just lust?
>>
>>18440208
Depends. Religious beliefs, morals you hold dear to your heart, etc.
>>
>>18440226
Oh shit yeah dude I want to kill her I'm so hurt that's the only thing I can think of
>>
>>18440221
Maybe not to completely get rid of your morals, but change them. Humans adapt and evolve right? What if your beliefs can too?

>>18440224
Isn't lust considered a lot less meaningful? What if the love is so profound, you're willing to compromise?
>>
>>18440221
No.
The farthest I would compromise is to accept that others may have opposing viewpoints, and that's OK.
I'm not going to just up and change mine because someone doesn't like them, though.
>>
>>18440201
Would you sacrifice love for love?
>>
>>18440201
Not even meat loaf would have done that
>>
>>18440251
>Isn't lust considered a lot less meaningful?
That's what I'm getting at

>What if the love is so profound, you're willing to compromise?
This too. I'm arguing that if you have to sacrifice your fundamental values, it's not love. Which means you could never sacrifice your beliefs and morals for love, because it wouldn't be love in the first place. You could sacrifice your beliefs and morals for lust, but not for love.
>>
>>18440201

To some degree, but not heavily. Like if I was in love with a vegetarian who asked me not to eat meat around her, but I still could in private? Sure. If I was with a girl who was heavily religious and demanded I convert, and raise a child into the church with dedication? No.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.