[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling to PH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1463443910754.jpg (72KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
1463443910754.jpg
72KB, 634x634px
Been talking to a pinoy penpal of mine for a year now who is a transsexual and I was a bit convinced to travel to the Philippines. Attempting to save up a good bit and learn some Tagalog before I make any major moves. If I do arrive there, what kinds of dangers and things should I look out for?
>>
a tranny? lol, are you a literal chaser now? The Philippines is a really fucked up country full of desperate people, I was born there and never want to go back there again. Being a white foreigner there not knowing anyone or anything about the place will get you robbed or killed.
>>
>>18440105

Don't give him that, you're too paranoid.

>>18440082
Just stay in the urban areas and you're going to be fine, avoid scams.
>>
>>18440082
don't bring any drugs and don't attempt to buy any drugs or talk about drugs, even weed.
>>
>>18440156
Yeah, I know drugs even like weed is a big no no in Asia.
>>
>>18440114
Are there scams specifically for tourist? And if so, what are they?
>>
>>18440184
>hold this bag for me
>overpriced goods
>pickpockets

You get the idea, don't get too wasted or there's a chance you might lose your IDs.
>>
>>18440184
The major one is called the Philippines
>>
>>18440105
>a tranny? lol, are you a literal chaser now?
Eh, yes and no. Wanted to visit her, but also get the cultural experience of it all.

>The Philippines is a really fucked up country full of desperate people, I was born there and never want to go back there again.

I heard both good and bad about the place, but you can say that about a lot of places.

>Being a white foreigner there not knowing anyone or anything about the place will get you robbed or killed.

Not white, nonetheless, just trying to learn what to look out for.
>>
>>18440082
Don't go, unless you're seriously willing to risk your safety and/or life for that boipucci.
We're still dealing with "wars" against the drug trafficking and Muslim separatist groups.

Like >>18440114 said, stay in the cleaner urban or sub-urban areas. Also, avoid crowds and drawing much attention to yourself. And don't get mixed up with cops.

>>18440189
There was also one where people in the airport would put bullets in your bag, then call security.
>>
>>18440246
Born there or visitor? Is Manila and Baguio pretty shitty? Those were really the only two parts of the Philippines I was going to go to.
>>
>>18440274
Born here, still here, for better or worse.

Are you talking Metro Manila, or the city of Manila? Because the city itself, isn't exactly somewhere I'd spend a very long time in.

Baguio is a tourist trap, so expect the usual. Don't bring too much cash when you're going around, especially if you're going somewhere crowded, like a marketplace.

Also, avoid taking public transportation unless it's absolutely necessary. Take a cab in urban areas, or hire a van when going around in the provinces.

Also, don't give money to the beggar, flower necklace or rag vendor children who knock on vehicle windows.
>>
>>18440082
Hey I'm Cebu City right now
It's p cool
Dangers ? Get vaccinated before
Don't drink tap water
Be prepared, it'll take a few days for you to get adjusted to the humidity
Everyone is very relaxed here; but the streets are dirty. Be prepared to see people sleeping in the streets.
No buses; only jeepneys.
Can't speak for Manila, never been there
good luck ! Travelling is always a good experience.
>>
>>18440315
Why is it a bad idea to give money to those poor kids?
>>
>>18440385
Cash you give 'em is most likely going to end up in the hands of the child/human trafficking syndicate that's making them work out in the streets in the first place.

>>18440381
>Don't drink tap water
Really good advice.
Most street foods are probably a no-no too, unless you've got a "cast-iron stomach".
>>
>>18440413
I'd say just be picky about street food. Look at the state of the kitchen/ presentation.
Food is so cheap ! you will be amazed.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.