[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: i_showed_you.png (439KB, 670x673px)
i_showed_you.png
439KB, 670x673px
I have a high stress job and I'm not healthy with my weight.

I want to begin dieting and working out but I can't find the willpower to do it, because I just want to relax at home.

Does anyone know a particular meditation technique I can do? Not a generic one. But if it can get me started then fine.
>>
>>18439649
Willpower is for the birds. You need discipline, and the only way to build it is to do it.

Nothing is going to "fix" because that change comes from within. Their are techniques that can help but ultimately you have to choose to make the effort to change.

Good luck, if it were easy everyone would do it. Also read the sticky on /fit/, weight loss is 99.9% diet and you can't outrun a bad diet.
>>
>>18439649
meditation will help mid-long term; maybe try some affirmation type guided meditations, that will help you relax and develop healthier habits. then you can move onto other forms of meditation after a couple of months. take a look at http://www.effectivelearning.com/ for some examples of decent ones.

some guided meditations I threw up online here, if that helps:http://www.mediafire.com/file/9avnnk9e5180bon/Meditation.zip
>>
>>18439649
Google 'progressive relaxation technique'. It's what hypnotists use to get their client relaxed enough to take their suggestions. I like it a lot.
>>
>>18439670
I think thats bullshit.
I went from 260 to 230 just working out and running and still eating the same shit.
I also went from benching 120 to 245 currently.
My diet wasnt completely shit though and I eat around 2500 calories a day.
>>
>>18439685
>>18439685
You are completely missing the point. The keyword is "bad diet" aka eating in excess.

You ate at maintenance calories and lost weight because you moved more. It's not rocket science. It's calories in versus calories out. It's pretty simple. It's not 100% accurate but your body can't create something out of nothing so it's as good as it gets.

For most people it's easier to eat a little less than it is to start a exercise regime. It's all baby steps, most people do not have the capacity to do both. From a health stand point you should try to do both however if your goal is weight loss.
>>
Go on YouTube and search for "Dina Proctor". She wrote a book on meditating for 3 minutes 3 times a day. I think its title is Madly Chasing Peace". She was suicidal alcoholic but started meditating and came up with her own way of doing it. I practice it myself and it does take practice. Good luck Anon.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.