[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Platonic Friendship? Something More Potentially?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1079640.png (44KB, 450x240px) Image search: [Google]
1079640.png
44KB, 450x240px
>Met cool girl at end of semester party
>Invites me to her birthday dinner the following weekend, it goes great
>Agrees to "grab a drink" with me some time; this gets postponed due to my 3 week Europe trip (nothing I could do)
>I get back and we make plans to grab dinner together.
>We have dinner, then go to a conference afterparty that she has free drink tickets for. She hugs me goodbye and says she had a fun night. I ask her if she wants to "go out again" some time and she says "for sure". I get the odd feeling she didn't think of this as a date (I paid for our dinner though)...
>Try to set up "date 2" a few days later, basically get a blow off answer. Make a final attempt about a week later.
>She asks me what my "expectations" are, just to make sure we're both on the same page. She ends up saying she's in a weird mindset regarding relationships and doesn't anticipate anything happening this summer. She says it's not that she isn't interested in me, it's that she isn't interested in anything with anyone right now. I say okay, we can be friends (rejected basically).
>A few weeks go by, I gradually start to talk to her again (I still think she's cool).
>She starts opening up to me a lot, we get the Snapchat BF heart, and she seems relatively flirty. Basically it seems like she's into me.
>Make our first post-"date" plans. We ended up seeing a horror movie, then getting ice cream after and talking until the shops closed at 11pm. I then dropped her off back home.

Absolutely NOTHING happened. I honestly thought she might try to initiate something, but it was completely "uneventful". I tried to talk about the relationship thing in a casual way and she just said that things always get complicated and she ends up "ruining everything". She's now coming over some time this week to watch a "scarier" horror movie with me.

Does this seem weird to anyone else? She knows I want to date her, but instead of backing away she's sort of getting closer?
>>
Sounds like a scared, confused, still hurting girl who doesn't know what she wants.

Replace "girl" with "boy" and between both groups you have probably 60% of 15-24 year olds. (I'm of course making this statistic up. But seriously. Not knowing what the fuck to do in that age range is pretty common. Not knowing what the fuck to do or what you're feeling isn't even that uncommon when you're past that age range either. That's just a part of the human condition in a nutshell.)
>>
>>18439531
Me in a nutshell
>>
>>18439531

This honestly. It sounds like she wants you to initiate something physically but is scared to let you even get that far. Good luck anon.
>>
>>18439531
She's mentioned her ex to me before. I think they broke up at least a year ago, and she said that she's glad he doesn't go to our university anymore.

I can't remember our exact conversation the other night, but I said something like "you don't have to put a label on it" and she said something like "the whole relationship thing just isn't on my radar right now". She said it's nice to just be able to hang out. She was hanging out one-on-one with a guy who went to school with me a few months ago, but she said they weren't "dating". Basically they said they knew at the beginning that it wouldn't go anywhere since he was moving back home in a month, so were just hanging out as friends. Makes me wonder if we've got a similar thing going on...

Guess I'll just play it cool and see if anything happens eventually.

>>18439568
My big regret during our first "date" (right when I got back from Europe) was that I wasn't touchy enough with her. We barely knew each other and it had been a month since we last saw each other so I didn't want to seem creepy or pushy.

The movie we saw last Friday was "It Comes At Night". I'll admit it wasn't very scary, but she didn't even attempt to grab my shoulder or touch arms on the arm rest or anything. I mean we had some minimal contact when I leaned in to whisper stuff, but I didn't feel like I was getting a single green signal from her. Next movie we watch will be on a couch in my basement, so that will be the true test I guess. If she wants to initiate anything it doesn't get much easier...

I'd make a move myself, but I can't really initiate it since she basically said no. It's up to her to escalate things.
>>
>>18439516
>we get the Snapchat BF heart
??? lol
>>
File: 1470176200118.gif (1MB, 250x170px) Image search: [Google]
1470176200118.gif
1MB, 250x170px
>>18439641
It means I'm the person she sends the most snaps to. Figure that counts for something.
>>
scarier horror movie? that's an excuse to cuddle up close to you, anon. stock up on drinks, chocs and johnnies.
>>
Well she just snapped me a photo of a youtube video about people describing love, with the caption "lol why am I like this *laugh/crying emoji*"

I feel like I'm being baited or something. Most people wouldn't snap something like that to someone they know is interested in them right?
>>
>>18439516
Bro she is using you. Cut all contact with her. She just gonna use that mouth to spew out her problems when u really need her to use that mouth for something else.
>>
>>18439918
Perhaps
>>
dont talk about relationship until you fucked her with the power of a thousand suns
when she mumbles "i love you" after hours of fucking and her vagoo aching a bit, you know youll have her as a gf
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.