[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GF has body dysmorphia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: bdydysmorphia.jpg (522KB, 1000x801px) Image search: [Google]
bdydysmorphia.jpg
522KB, 1000x801px
As the title says, my gf/fiance has had body dysmorphia for at least the past 5 years or so. She eats real clean, works out like crazy (even became a fitness instructor for a while) has lost maybe 50 lbs in total over the years and she still hates her body. I've told her infinite times over the years that she is beautiful, perfect, that I love her body exactly as it is, and that I find her to be the most sexy woman in the world but she just says thanks but I'm fat.

I'm at a loss for what more can be done for her. I cant say or do anything else and this has almost completely eliminated our sex life (maybe two or three times a year at this point).

Wat do.
>>
>>18438746
You think you're alone?
>>
I don't really know what to tell you, but I feel for you. I have some body dysmorphia, but I know what kind of position I'd put my boyfriend in if I ramble about my negative body image, so I don't. That's rough that she's putting you through that.
>>
>>18438746
Anything you say isn't gonna help.
It's like when your mom says you're handsome.

In all honesty, she probably needs to see a shrink.
>>
>>18438746
I struggled (struggle?) with disordered eating/over exercising and body dysmorphia. It only got better when I started therapy.

Talking to professionals (nutritionists, doctors) about the consequences of my habits also helped.

I hope it gets better, I wish you guys all the best. You're doing as much as you can right now.
>>
>>18438746
I'll give you an example op. There's a poor man who hates his life, day in day out. He always thinks if he has a ton of money he will be happy. On day he wins the lottery. A few months go by and he's not happy. Why is that? It's his perspective, his everyday thoughts that drive him to feel a certain way. Your girlfriend when she was 50 lb heavy had constants thoughts that she wasn't good enough. But once she lost it she didn't change her perspective. She stayed in the same thought loop. She has to start thinking, "wow I look great" but she doesn't want to because she's addicted to those thought patterns. Sit down with her have an honest talk and ask why she doesn't think she's good enough. Tell her she lost the weight, she completed her goal. There's an underlying problem here. Also don't keep complimenting her. It's makes it that much easer for her to deny it in her head. "You look beautiful" (in her head) "no I don't I look fat" it's probably automatic for her at this point. Say something to her she wouldn't expect like, your fat. Then say "is that what you want to here" tell her to take a good look in the mirror. Why can't she love her self. Why does she feel the need to be so obsessive over this. Was she bullied at a younger age? You gotta ask these questions.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.