[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0110.jpg (154KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0110.jpg
154KB, 1200x900px
>Be me
>summer b4 senior year of highschool
>used to want to be psychologist
>now heavily considering military
>feels like being in the rangers would be a cool job
>skydive, kill sand niggers, and maybe save some locals from goat fuckers
>Dad was almost forecon marine
>had asthma attack during late training
>try telling dad about interest in military
>claims military is very different now, and doesn't treat soldiers well, and we're not fighting for any real cause
>know that he secretly is worried about me getting shot or blown up

Dad is 9/10 good dad, don't wanna just say "fuck you dad I'm enlisting" at 18. Hell now I'm a little worried about having a limb blown off

What do?
>>
>>18437917

You're dad is right on the part that the army doesn't treat their soldiers well, or at least not the same way compared to the past. I've talked to old veteran soldiers that helps out the newer bloods and they confirmed that the army gives them shit treatments.

If you truly want to be in the army,don't apply for group type soldiers. Aim to be an officer or the air force. I'm not sure about the navy, you'll have to inform yourself about it.
>>
Neither the military nor psychology wants people who "JUST WANT TO KILL SANDNIGGERS MAAAAN"
Do something else.
>>
Army guy here, your dad is 100% right. Army treats you like shit and there's no real reason to be killing people abroad at the moment. You don't just get to be a fucking "Ranger" off the bat either, that'll take ya at least 10 years and only if you're good enough. Can you hike without stopping for 26 miles with 40 pounds of equipment by chance?
>>
>>18437917
You aren't going to see combat, don't join with the intent of killing other humans because you wont make it.
>>
>>18437917
Dad is absolutely correct, but, going army is still a wiser career decision than studying fucking psychology. It is the biggest meme major there is, and the only thing you'll get out of that degree is a load of debt that will hamper your earnings for the next 20 years, and the requirement to pile on even more debt for gradschool if you ever want to get a field-related job.

You're better off in the infantry. At least there you only end up horribly maimed, crippled, and mentally damaged to the point of suicide.
>>
The military does not like black and white thinkers of death either. At any point you have a fascination with being John Rambo then those are the reasons why the military does not want you. You have to go all the way back when you were 3 years old when you did not see violent movies and games. Try to get a boy scout perspective on the military and you may make it.
>>
File: IMG_6503.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6503.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
Join the Marines. That's where I'm headed.
>>
>>18438706
It doesn't take 10 fucking years to get into a ranger batt. 2 years if you don't suck... I went straight from osut to airborne then to rasp without even having it in my contract.
>>
*Adding on to what I said.

However, you can watch your films still and still play your games...

Again, not a black and white view, and I if I were you I would join the military after college rather than during or after high school, so that you can have a clean perspective on handling warfare.
>>
>>18437917
Go intel brah, or be a pilot
>>
Your dad is half right. The military has never treated soldiers well. Hell, soldiers don't even treat each other well.

Stay away from the military. The pay is shit and the VA doesn't give a damn if you get injured for whatever reason.
>>
>>18438882
Well...the pay is good for right out of high school but it seems most people blow it all on stupid shit.
>>
>>18437917
>lol I want to join to the army so I can skydive and kill brown people like in call of duty or one of those shitty movies
Fuck off. We don't need any more of your kind.
>>
>Graduated college (education major)
>Couldn't get a job due to spending cuts
>Now in a shitty job
>Heavily considering joining the navy

How fucked would I be if I did?
>>
File: 1497959069904.jpg (8KB, 242x242px) Image search: [Google]
1497959069904.jpg
8KB, 242x242px
>>18438706
>that'll take ya at least 10 years and only if you're good enough

you must have been obese when you joined
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.