[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: gbe6UJE.jpg (105KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
gbe6UJE.jpg
105KB, 720x960px
Hey /adv/,

Itd be great if i could get some advice. I've been seeing a guy for 2 months, 2 weeks into seeing him he seemed very smitten with me and asked to be exclusive to which i agreed. More recently, the last 2-3 or so, he pretty much lost interest. His text replied got shorter, he took longer to reply etc.

Yesterday i confronted him and asked if he's happy with the way things were, he said he was. Then i went onto say how he seemed to have lost interest and he said that "no matter how pretty you are, we dont have any insterests in common". Feels like a bullshit of a reason as not once have I based my past relationships on mutual interests such as netflix series that im watching. The netflix thing he brought up, like i didnt realise that series im watching affects how we get on as people?

I said he's an enigma and as he works in a sensitive job where he cant disclose much information I always tiptoed around prying too much into his life. Nonetheless, i tried to bring up other things to get to know him better but it felt like he was pushing me away.

I guess what im asking is, do i keep seeing him and try to prove him wrong or just give up? Seeing as he has kinda given up on actually getting to know me, but shit... i really like him.
Side note i asked him some questions about myself and he didnt even know what i was currently studying.

Thanks for any responses guys
>>
Relationships take work. Mind you, him being a cunt isn't a good sign, especially that early on.

Talk about it with him again. Ask what you can do better and how you can both improve to make this work.
>>
he sounds like a b/s artist, like the car sales man in True Lies who pretends to be a spy.

you're pretty, you can do better, ditch this wanker and leave him to be Secret King in his little world.
>>
>>18437569
Yeah i kinda feel lime hes made up his mind to give up. He thinks that mutual interests are the base of a relationship and that we have nothing in common so i cant change the way he feels about that.

I think he wants to keep seeing me, as essentially exclusive friends with benefits(??), but if im gonna do fwb then i want to date and find a guy that will want to spend time with me and commit. Meh, i have a pair of his boxers i have to return, i guess ill see if he wants to see me or not. Thank you anon
>>
>>18437577
He works in the medical field, so i never ask anything more than how his day was due to patient confidentiality etc.
I feel like youre right and i should ditch him but then i really like him and hes the first person i liked so much in a long while. Thanks anon
>>
>>18437491
He's right. I had a hot gf who's only interest was laying in bed all day and collecting stuffed animals. Coming from an active guy who has passionate hobbies and loves his job. We couldn't connect more beyond the fact that I had natural desire to be with her ( she had my moms personality) she didn't make the effort to even do the simplest things with me like watch shows or go on hikes. Though I went above and beyond to try to get into sewing and painting with her it was so one side.
Tldr; you're boring
>>
>>18437616
OK so he's a male nurse, like Gaylord Focker, LARPing as a proper doctor or something. ditch the cunt already.
>>
>>18437620
kek
I'm thinking more like a male nanny
>>
>having to ask to be exclusive
what the fuck is wrong with modern relationships
>>
>>18437618
I'm not sure why I feel the need to defend myself but I'm a postgraduate student on a scholarship so I'm doing pretty well for myself. He said he likes going to remote places so I suggested going to the countryside and beach to explore but then didn't want to tire him out loads when he might want to rest and relax on a weekend.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.