[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not invited to childhood friend's wedding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 3_big.jpg (183KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3_big.jpg
183KB, 800x1200px
Uhhhh I didn't get invited to one of my closest friends from my hometown's wedding, but literally everybody else in our social circle did. People that he has told me he disliked and was not even close to were invited, and I did not even get an invitation.

>friends since 8th grade
>hung out in high school every day
>worked together
>started a somewhat popular band together
>traveled around the country a little bit senior year
>we go to college together out of state
>he drops out after a semester
>he moves back home and starts working with his family
>I move out of state permanently and stay in college
>visit him when I come back home sometimes
>his family's business gets kind of popular
>he gets really distant
>don't hear from him much
>I finish college
>visit him
>he just starts bashing everybody we mutually know
>he acts extremely hostile towards everything I'm doing
>lightly bashing my degree
>lightly bashing my musical success
>lightly bashing my career plans
>gets slightly heated about a political topic
>just seems really frustrated with me, pointlessly criticizing everything I am doing even though it is successful and on my own merit
>he is sitting in our tiny home town working for mommy and daddy
>I just get off those topics and start talking about traveling
>conversation gets normal like the old days
>we hang out for like 5 hours
>after that, I never heard from him again
>have tried messaging him, don't even get a response
>announces he's engaged on facebook
>everybody gets an invite except me

I don't really care that much, because we are completely opposite people now. He is really into liberal hipster bullshit, and I'm pretty much the opposite of that. But I'm still surprised that he invited people that he was not even that close to and did not even like, but he did not invite me. He even invited my close friends.

Shit just blew my mind. I don't get why he randomly became so hostile towards me out of no where.
>>
I dunno but it sounds like he resents you for staying in school and succeeding while he's still relying on his parents. He sounds really jealous.
>>
>>18436617

Welcome to the new political reality, where supporting the opposite party means that you are inherently a bad person

I am willing to bet that politics is at least 50% of the reason, but falling out before that and being distant is the other half.

Also, weddings are expensive, and every guest raises the tab. If you are distant, and he views you negatively over politics, then it makes sense in his head to not invite you.
>>
>>18436617
For how petty of an issue this seems, you sure typed a fuck ton.

Think about what you're complaining about. You're probably a dude, and complaining that you didn't get to pretend to be excited about someones wedding. I didn't read it all, but you said you two got distant, yeah? well there ya go. He didn't think of you.

Did you know there are families born to be poor and beg in certain spots of the street in India? Children are born and raised to be beggars, and it's a prestigious thing to have a better spot to beg. It's something they take pride in - begging tourists for money in better spots of the street.

Fuck you.
>>
>>18436617

People dislikes others who are successful because of their inferiority complex. It's a natural thing of human's nature.
>>
show up anyways and ruin the wedding
>>
>>18436646
While this poster is an edgy faggot, he is right to say that you should feel good about not having to waste time and money on a wedding that you don't actually give a shit about.

Move on.
>>
>>18436636
I understand why he didn't invite me, I am just surprised that he fucking invited people that he has openly told me he dislikes, and also basically invited acquaintances.

Like, we were best friends. He has literally cried in front of me over girl problems before, and we've gone camping in the wilderness and all sorts of shit.

I'm just surprised that he resents me THAT MUCH after we were that close for so many years. Because I went to college and he stopped? Because of political disagreements?

I dunno, it's alright. Like I said, we probably disagree on a lot of shit now that we're older, but that doesn't make me want to burn a bridge like that.

>>18436635
Maybe. He sorta implied it was my fault he dropped out (which was just obviously ridiculous), but he sort of retracted after that, and we were back to being friends for a while.
>>18436646
>literally trying to complain about my post by comparing my problems to the problems of Indian citizens born into a caste system

Do you know there are SEX SLAVES in the PHILIPPINES right NOW while you're typing on your LITTLE WESTERN KEYBOARD

Fuck you.
>>
>>18436650
Is this actually true though? Or is it what people say to make themselves feel better when people dislike them?
>>
>>18436617
>somewhat popular band

what band? just curious because my best friend is in a band and has opened for a shit ton of people
>>
>>18436617
Yes OP you are a totally nice guy and it's just your friend who is an asshole. I totally believe that.
>>
>>18436671
>Do you know there are SEX SLAVES in the PHILIPPINES right NOW while you're typing on your LITTLE WESTERN KEYBOARD
>Fuck you.

Yes I am aware of that, you nerd.

I'm not the one bitching on a combodian canoe restoration and engraving website about not getting invited to some fag fucking wedding. You are.
>>
>>18436952
I'm not the one bitching about someone bitching on a combodian canoe restoration and engraving website about not getting invited to some fag fucking wedding. You are.
>>
Fuck him. Don't even try. It seems he has an inferiority complex.
>>
>>18437018
I mean maybe I did do something that pissed him off that I don't remember. May have said something shitty or something at some point, but I still tried to reach out multiple times with no response so I dunno.

Maybe the inferiority complex thing is real. Last time I saw him, he was shit-talking one of our friends who is extremely successful. Like made millions of dollars starting his own business. This guy is definitely a bit of a douche, but you gotta respect somebody who makes their own successful business. He was just shit talking him non-stop for striving to create a successful business, saying he would be existentially depressed some day because his business doesn't have any meaning or some dumb hippy shit.
>>
I dunno. Who cares?

I had a friend who stopped talking to me when I "dropped out" of high school and started going to community college. Now I'm a software engineer and as far as I know he has a 4 year degree, no job, and lives with parents. It used to confuse me but now I don't even think about it.

I feel like childhood friendships are seldom long term because once you're an adult you typically have so many more options. Most of the people I know who still talk to people from high school are losers.
>>
>>18436646
And theres niggers in africa starving. What gives?/First world problem with first world situations, Third world problems with third world situations.
>>
>>18437038
That shit talking totally goes against hippy beliefs best bet is your friends a communist that hates capitalism despite benefiting from it. After all hes a liberal and a hipster, mad at successful people most likely believes in equal outcome.
>>
>>18436986
Jesus christ, I totally unserstand why you weren't invited.

You're boring as fuck.

Get some creativity. Be fun for once. So boring. What kind of adult retorts like a child just saying the same thing the other person said, but back at them...

>>18437065
This isn't a problem though, retard. It's nothing. This is so low priority that it isn't worth thinking about let alone asking a website for help about it.

Also, I can tell you're a hypocrite. I'm positive you think vapid cunts like Kim Kard and whoever the fuck else are over privileged, and need to get a reality check, yet by your logic famous vapid cunt problems are perfectly valid to complain about for them since they are famous vapid cunts.
>>
>>18437038
You're still complaining about this?

What info do we need to give you to get you to shut up and stop whining?
>>
>>18437137
>gets BTFO'd over "muh first world problems"
>doubles down even harder

I had a close friend for the first half of my life and our friendship brought a lot of great things into my life during that time, and he randomly snubbed me but invited 3/4 of the town to his wedding.

Wow it bothered me, so stupid. This is a problem that happens all over the world in every country, probably even in indigenous tribes. It's a tribal situation and it signaled to me that I am out of that tribe.

This seems to have triggered your autism
>>
>>18437151
You're real upset that you're so upset about something so stupid, aren't you? It's hilarious, but sad really. You're in a perpetual rage that keeps going further and further.

For what it's worth, there are plenty more events your boring whiny ass won't be invited to, so don't cry so much over this one =]
>>
>>18437137
Please simplify the language i am a retard. Lol i dont think they are over privileged they just saw an opportunity and like kim complaining about some golden ring or Dj Khaled not getting enough biscuits from mcdonalds isnt even relevant to me because thats their world problems they got there. They dont have to worry about rent like i do.
>>
>>18437151
Oh, also - autism? Really? After we just talked about how boring and unoriginal you are, you really wanna parrot played out, meme worthy buzzwords.

I'm honestly surprised you haven't called me a cuck yet. Are you about to accuse me of being manipulates by "the jews"? What other hot meme insults are there right now... Oh, yeah, accuse me of being a fat neckbeard virgin. That's a good one.
>>
>>18437413
Boy, you really just may be retarded if you can't draw the overall point from that post, and take it so literally, word for word.

"Reality", "standards", "expectations" are all subjective, but by knowing the world from and accurately guaging value across many issues from one culture to another, you can have some basis as to what is truly important and what isn't. This teaches the value of APPRECIATION.

People who complain about petty bullshit that doesn't matter, like OP, do not have the value of appreciation and whine about shit that has no effect on any aspect of their health, survival, or life in general.

Improper assignment of value. That's what's happening here. People give away everything they own and move to the mountains to be monks in order to get away from caring about pointless garbage like this.

OP just wants to cry and complain. He clearly isn't going to accept any answer he gets, which is why he won't shut up. He just wants attention.
>>
This happens to a lot of people. Between the ages of 18 and 22 people grow and change a lot regardless of whether they do college or not. Sometime you find that you don't have much in common with your best friends that you had when you were in high school. Personally my high school best friend is not longer close to me anymore. There was no fight, we just hung out for lunch a few times in the past year, awkwardly tried to chat and texted each other less frequently until we stopped texting all together a few months ago. I'm 24 btw.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.