[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Generic Advice Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1494553959603.jpg (53KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1494553959603.jpg
53KB, 512x512px
Oldfag reporting in. Last thread hit bump limit.

Ask away and I'll do my best to give a thoughtful response.

No redpilled advice offered.
>>
no redpilled because you aren't or because you'd rather avoid it for this? also what falls under that category? not sure if i should ask now
>>
>>18435652

Meaning that if you want advice that only caters to a specific ideology you already believe to be true you aren't looking for advice you're looking for validation. Also, I just fundamentally disagree with the primary tenants of redpill and PUA therefor I couldn't even begin to be helpful if thats the kind of advice you're looking for.
>>
File: sullustan.jpg (87KB, 1419x953px) Image search: [Google]
sullustan.jpg
87KB, 1419x953px
We are currently having warm weather in the UK.
It's unbearable.

I went to my fridge for some milk and found that it had frozen so much that there was a milk iceberg (milkberg) floating around in the carton.

Other items had completely frozen- grated cheese, some scotch eggs etc.

What happened?

Is the milk safe to drink?
Is there anything I need to be cautious of?

My stuff is towards the bottom of the fridge and there isn't much else in there at the moment.

I haven't ever touched the settings but it's possible some guests did.
>>
>>18435680

My mom always said "When in doubt, throw it out."
>>
What do I do about being a social retard who hates himself? Almost all of my problems harken back to this
>>
>>18435845

You'd have to be a little more specific.
>>
i got really fucked up at a party.
friends saw things they shouldn't have. they're being cool about it.

how do i fix this? i feel like an ass.
>>
>>18435880

What did they see?
>>
>i live miles away from town in the mountains.
>It's a very difficult bicycle ride or walk.
>I want to get a job.
>I can't afford a car.

How do I get transportation to get a job to pay for my transportation that I need to get a job?

It doesn't seem like a very stand-up thing to ask someone to chauffeur me back and forth from work each day.
>>
>>18435929

You would know about your immediate area more than I would but my first thought would be to move.

When I was very young I had a very similar predicament but I rode my bike to work an hour each way for the first 3 months until I could afford a place closer in town. I think any answer to your problem is going to require some serious sacrifice over the short term.
>>
>>18435850
I'm generally bad with people and insecure. These problems, of course, have the tendency to feed each other, making me have an even worse perception of myself, further degrade my social aptitude, and cause me to feel worse about how I handle things when I do talk to others. I have noticed these issues spilling over into other, seemingly unrelated areas of my life, resulting the development of bad habits, overall lack of trust in myself, and defeatist attitude.
>>
>>18435943
I guess I had feared, in the back of my mind, that I had made the situation to seem "impossible" due to my laziness. I suppose I will have to get off my ass and take some initiative.

I appreciate the perspective your story gave me, thank you for your insight.
>>
>>18435910
i'm quite a composed and responsible person, but i was basically a drunk mess who needed massive babysitting and help getting home. also threw up in my friend's car.
>>
>>18435959

It sounds as though your issues are perfectly catered to therapy. I don't know how you feel about therapy but I can tell you from my personal experience it did wonders for me.

I think the general idea is that working through these problems requires a lot of thought and reprogramming, if you will. You've developed a lot of defeatist habits and the most obvious answer would be to learn healthier ones. Getting input from an unbiased third party is the best way, in my experience, of addressing these issues. As humans we are very poor at being objective about ourselves and even if you don't end up having the complete 180 you hope for, letting in a third party observer with no emotional connection to you whatsoever give you access to an outside perspective to your issues will be an invaluable asset.

For me, having that input was the key to being able to recognize my dysfunctional patterns.
>>
>>18435984

I don't know anything about your relationship with your friends but honestly it doesn't seem like a huge deal to me. I have friends right now who are married with children that I vividly remember running from the cops or smoking weed in bar bathrooms with 20 years ago. My point is we have all been there and any reasonable person who has been in a similar position will know that the one isolated incident is not indicative of your character as a whole.

Everyone makes mistakes, especially with alcohol. Honestly, the only time something like this was ever an issue in my friend group was if this kind of behavior turned into a pattern where we were taking care of the same blackout friend every weekend. At that point it became apparent to all of us that they had a serious alcohol problem and partying with them wasn't so much fun anymore.

If they're cool about it I really don't see what you have to worry about. Back in my days of youth I was in your position more than once and, slight embarrassment aside, I'm glad I had friends around who gave enough of a shit about me to help me out when I make mistakes.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.