[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend wants an IUD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1490891083354.jpg (117KB, 750x726px) Image search: [Google]
1490891083354.jpg
117KB, 750x726px
So my friend's girlfriend wants to get an IUD from Planned Parenthood and scheduled for this Thursday. Both my friend and I are against it, not necessarily because it would prevent pregnancy from 3 to 6 years, but because it's such a spur of the moment decision which she made last night. Also because we don't want anything going wrong, and about the implications it carries about her not listening to his concerns. How do we talk her out of it, and in general, what do?
>>
>>18435510
Your friend is a shitty partner and you're a dick. Nothing is going to go wrong with an IUD. Stop trying to approach the subject by "Talking her out of it" and instead be supportive.
>>
>>18435515
Yeah, because of course only one person should decided about what effects the relationship without consulting the other
>>
>>18435515
Well I at the very least have been trying to move him to the "well man if she wants it ya can't stop her" and don't much care if she gets it or not. He's just torn up about it not because of contraception, but because he just feels like it's a bad idea (I know it's not a great thing to trust your gut but last time I didn't my sister got cancer), and because he's weird about foreign bits that are in/on the body, like he really doesn't like her piercings that she got.

But you make a point, I'm being a shit person by saying "talk her out of it," and the more appropriate question is either how I help him cope, and perhaps help communicate his issue more appropriately?

Personally I just think it requires a bit more thought on her part before she does it.
>>
>>18435526
>What effects the relationship without consulting the other
It's not effecting the relationship, it's effecting her own body you tard.
>>
>>18435510
It is her own decision about her own body.
She doesn't want to get pregnant. She has every right to try and stay safe.
I don't understand why you and your friend want to decide?
>>
>>18435528
>>18435531
Of course, because affecting the way in which you go about contraception is totally only a one person issue. You know how it is with women falling pregnant by themselves all the time
>>
>>18435538
Yes, it is her choice to protect herself from pregnancy. What's wrong with it?
If he wants to use a condom he still can use one. She just wants to be extra safe and have a IUD. It's about her, not about him or you.
>>
>>18435541
(Gonna start using OP in the name to differentiate, >>18435527 is my only other post so far)
Gotta be honest I'm more for it now looking that she can have them take it out at any time she wants and it's not at all that permanent. Still, I think you're a bit retarded if you think that decisions like this won't in some way affect both partners.
>>
>>18435538
Yes, it actually is a one person issue. Her getting an IUD isn't stopping her dumbass boyfriend from wearing a condom if he wants to. It literally has no impact on anyone other than her.
>>
>>18435553
Explain in what way whatsoever it has an affects both partners
>>
>>18435541
>>18435554
Would the same apply to a man getting a vasectomy?
>>
>>18435553
How will it affect him? If he doesn't want to jizz in her, he still can avoid doing it. If they decide to have kids, she can remove it.
It's a good way to be safe about it. You two dumbasses should support her being a normal adult and making wise decisions instead of being a cunt.
>>
>>18435560
Getting an IUD isn't the equivalent to getting a vasectomy you idiot. She's not getting her tubes tied. You're comparing a major operation to relatively simple contraception.
>>
>>18435560
yes but they're two completely different things, one is an invasive surgery that can't always be reversed and the other is just an implant that can be removed at any time.
>>
>>18435556
Well I think in this case my friend is just upset that she didn't feel like consulting him at all. The only reason he found out was she told him she was gonna get it, not even like a "hey should I get it?" I honestly think he cares less about getting it at all, and is more upset that she doesn't want to at least respect his opinion.
>>
>>18435560
Vasectomy is a permanent decision, IUD isn't.
>>
>>18435568
I personally see it the same as her deciding to go get a piercing or tattoo. She doesn't consult him every time for that, right? It's not like she decided to go buy a new car and take out a loan or buy a boat. She's just scheduled to get a small implant that can be removed.
>>
>>18435564
>>18435566
>both highly effective and ultimately reversible methods of contraception
B..B...BUT ITS DIFFERENT
>>
>>18435574
>If I dumb things down enough, it looks like I have a point!
H-Ha c-c-checkmate
>>
>>18435574
Not really. IUD can be taken away any moment. Vasectomy is a permanent solution - about 50% of men recover their fertility if they do the reversal before 10 years, and just 30% of men recover it after more than 10 years.
>>
>>18435560
Yes. Men can have their sperm stored and shot up her vagina with a turkey baster.
>>
>>18435580
Since permanence seems to be an issue, would you feel the same about "his body his rules" for a male equivalent of an IUD?
>>
>>18435603
Yes. That would be perfectly reasonable. Only a complete tard would take issue with that.
>>
>>18435603
Sure. If a man could get something similar to the IUD I'd be totally happy with it.
>>
>>18435568
I don't understand why she would ask for his opinion on something that doesn't have anything to do with him.
Should she get his opinion on what tampons to use or what to drink?
>>
>>18435568
Does he want to be able to get her pregnant without her consent eg breaking condoms? That's the only logical reason why it would effect him.
>>
>>18435556
I would never bang a girl with a UDI..!
My monstrous wang would be hitting it and hurt her. Its caise i care about her feeling.
>>
>>18435681
you shouldn't be penetrating her cervix and filling her uterus anyway, this isn't a hentai.
>>
>>18435568
I think the main problem here is that your friend thinks of it as a big thing when in reality it's nothing worth mentioning
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.