[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Cats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: black-cat-outside.jpg (54KB, 509x337px) Image search: [Google]
black-cat-outside.jpg
54KB, 509x337px
So, I'm not a supertitious guy. I have been doctrined by my family to believe God, had a christian education (just to get my eucharist since everyone in my family has) and have lately become kind of an atheist? I mean, I believe the existence of the whole universe is a mathematical impossibility, so it has to be arbitrary, but I don't buy a lot of biblical things.

Lately I have had many encounters with black cats. On the street, at uni, even indoors at places they shouldn't be? Like metro stations and shit - pic related. They mostly just stare at me with those involuntary (I hope) demonic eyes and go their own way.
The problem is that lately I have had an awesome lucky streak! I found out I'm the single heir to a lot of money, my uni's grades have gone way up (even when I'm kind of slacking off instead of studying), my parents have been having their health problems amenized - it's crazy!

The culmination of it all was when a black cat (around 4 months old) turned up at my house. I took him in and took care of him. A few hours later I got a call telling me I was accepted for an awesome internship! I named the cat Lucky.
Even girls lately have been ogling me (maybe due to my newfound confidence after all this).

So, what the fuck is going on? I have been kind of unlucky my whole life, kind of miserable too through my teenage years. I'm scared this might be temporary or that I'm about to get hit by a stray bullet while walking down the street anytime.

What do you think anons? Is this Satan tempting me? Is it just a coincidence?
>>
File: download (12).jpg (6KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (12).jpg
6KB, 168x168px
>>18434556
>is this Satan tempting me?
... I mean if a snake says 'sup to you then I suppose you could make the leap to Mephistopheles or schizophrenia but till then sounds like you're attributing neat luck to TEH EBIL 1

As a pagan I'm superstitious but black cats are actually GOOD luck. So take that as you will.

>inb4 Satan worshipper
>>
>>18434556
Im pretty sure this is how Serena found out that she is Sailor Moon.
>>
>>18434556
I think you're a fucking idiot,

I don't know what to tell a person who thinks cats have an effect on the outcomes of their life. Try to take a step back and as a rational human being look at what you're asking us. Hopefully you hear how retarded you sound.
>>
File: shigatsu-wa-kimi-no-uso-0712.jpg (494KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shigatsu-wa-kimi-no-uso-0712.jpg
494KB, 1280x720px
>>18434556
You're okay Kousei. Just stop taking drugs and stop thinking of this Satan b.s.
>>
Just go with the flow anon
>>
Ever heard of Confirmation Bias?
If you want your naive system of beliefs destroyed and replaced with probably better things (or worse depending on your perspective, but interesting nevertheless), go read up on the topic of cognitive biases (there's a list of them on Wikipedia, and for the more layman version look up the list of logical fallacies on TV Tropes).

If you're into Harry Potter, try looking up Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. It's a scientific take on the wizardry world.

If nothing else, I promise that all these should provide a fairly interesting read. Have fun learning.
>>
You claim to not be superstitious person, so you should already know that this is all coincidence. Just that feeling of the cat bringing you luck is good imo, I mean, it's giving you confidence and all.

On the real plus side, you have an awesome little pet
>>
>>18435163
>>
>I'm not superstitious
>uses God
>believes in god
>believes in luck

lol dude reevaluate yourself
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.