[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Braces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (6KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 293x172px
So I need braces, my teeth are crooked. But I'm insecure as fuck, socially awkward and afraid that I'll become the subject of (even more) ridicule. what do? I need serious advice with this.
>>
just pull your teeth out and get dentures
>>
>>18433857
Can you get invisalign?
Also do you mean adult braces?
>>
>>18433857
people don't ridicule me because my flat affect shuts everyone down, and I'm capable of being extremely psychologically abusive

anyway stop being pathetic and get the braces. it'll make you significantly more attractive to mate with.
>>
>>18433880
Not interested in mating, I'm asexual
>>
>>18433865
Well yes, 17 years old and 18 in two months, if I get the braces before i'm 18 it'll be provided for by national healthcare. Also, what's invisalign?
>>
>>18433887
>asexual
yeah right

this is why you get bullied
>>
>>18433894
google
also braces usually cost thousands so be smart

I needed to go for about 20 appointments over the course of my having braces though, which was three years. they were putting a new device in almost every time...so I think it would take a bit longer than a fraction of a year
>>
>>18433857
A persons appearance is important for more than just mating. This might not be right but it is real - you will always be judged by some on your appearance. Just get the braces and move foreward.
>>
OP here, thanks for the advice you've been giving, I'm going to consider getting them
>>
Think about it like this would you rather get braces for a year or two of your life and have perfect teeth/smile? Or fucked up teeth and have that insecurity and regret for the rest of your life? Because 2 years will pass before you know it and you'll be asking yourself why you didn't just get them.

Or do what I done, I got braces on the back of my top teeth instead of the front. I've had them for nearly 2 years and almost about to get them off and noone will know unless you tell them. Depends on your teeth though, ask your dentist.
>>
I've had braces in HS.
My dentist offered me 3 types, regular ones, hybrid (between regular and pearl) or "pearl ones" (full white).
You should ask yours if he offers similar choice.
I took the hybrid ones and they were almost invisible. Like seriously, majority of people didn't notice them unless I was smiling right next to them.

Having them was painful a bit for me tho, especially after visits when my dentist would shorten the ring to make them move.
But it was fine for 90% of time.
If you know that you should get them then do it asap
>>
>>18433894
>l yes, 17 years old and 18 in two month

now is better than later. that's when i had them. you won't need them for long.

protip:

you being awkward is more of a problem than your braces.
>>18433887
lol, stupid clown.
>>
>>18433857

woudl you rather put up wiht it for the two years you'll be wearing braces, or for the rest of your life of people judging you because of your teeth?
>>
Braces are hot on chicks. Then again, what isn't..

If you are a chick don't sweat it, you are fine, if you are a dude, you gotta roll with the punches.
>>
>>18433857
There is nothing to be ashamed of wearing braces. The only things annoying about braces is the pain and if the wiring is sticking out stabbing your mouth.

If you don't like braces you can get 'clear' braces which camouflage on your teeth and people won't even notice.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.