[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I help my friend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

How do I help this female friend of mine?

Now first of all, she ain't my love interest at all but a very good friend of mine.

She had a break up nearly a year ago and despite all the stuff I did to make her feel good, she still goes back into the crying and depressed stage. Now she's seeking a job and she doesn't seem to be getting any(well as you can guess, she's stressed out on this as well). On top of that her family relatives and others are constantly on the push to get her married and she's very much stressed out on this as well.

And I'm tired of telling "You know what? It's okay. Nothings for temporary and you can't do nothing to change your past. Be calm, indulge in any activity that you have an interest in...blah...blah..." I'm also preeeety sure that she's bored of this same commentary which I tell her when she comes to me telling about a problem as well.

How can I help her?
>>
Tell her to seek therapy? So many people don't go to psychologists or therapists because they think it means they are crazy. Mental health is so fucking important.
>>
>>18433569
I don't know how she'll take that in but also I don't think she is in the financial situation to seek therapy. She's the only child and her mom is a nurse in a small clinic. She don't have a dad either.
>>
>>18433586
Next time you are talking about her problems tell her you had similar issues with depression and sought therapy.

It may be a sweet little lie but they will help her.
>>
>>18433606
I had done that before but I'll try saying that.
>>
She is using you as an emotional tampon. You will gain nothing from this one-sided friendship. Just ghost her and move on to greener pastures.
>>
>>18433936
Well as a very close friend of her, I don't think she's "using" me in any way. You are just jumping into meaningless conclusions without actually knowing how my friendship with her is. I just was seeking any possible help that I could use to help her because....read my OP....
>>
>>18433548
>despite all the stuff I did to make her feel good, she still goes back into the crying and depressed stage
Uh, you can't help and done all you can do. I realize you want professional therapy on the cheap but a magic pill for a dollar doesn't exist.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.