[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can one be too stupid to code ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 0567_-_UmDxEfq - Copy.png (63KB, 350x338px) Image search: [Google]
0567_-_UmDxEfq - Copy.png
63KB, 350x338px
is this an IQ thing or am i just not fit to code ?
i actually made a program in python that guessed the length of your your name and told what your age would be in a year, i felt proud but after that i tried reading more books but i can never grasp any other concepts or learn another language. I haven't gave up because i figure maybe its a logic ting so I'm improving my math skills

is there a way to fix my logic and programming skills ? am i too brainlet ?
>>
yes. the extend of human stupidity is infinite.
>>
Anyone can "code" but not many can be software engineers. If you keep at it and you're a brainlette you'll probably find yourself on web development (hint, you mentioned python so you're already on your way there) - meaning you'll probably get paid alright but never work on interesting problems. If you're ok with this keep going.

But if you're wanting to get deeper and don't have the willpower you'll find yourself stuck and just be mad at yourself. Don't bother in that case. Find something else. Engineering isn't for everyone.
>>
>>18433381

LOL op you got a chuckle out of me.

Listen, any monkey can put a couple of variables together and read the manuals of libraries. That's the easy part.

Coding is a vast subject and there's a lot of things that go into it, be it the general specifications and nature of the language you're using, or those of the framework you're using, or which patterns you're working with. It's all a big mess and there's a metric fuckton of books to read and things to learn if you ever want to be good at it theoretically

Don't be sad if you don't get it right away, computer science theory books might as well be post modernism philosophy books for how far up their own ass they are. They pretty much speak a language you have to gradually learn while reading them. Coding might be the single most poorly thought field of human knowledge as far as I know.

I wouldn't recommend going into these books right away, you should probably keep tinkering around and try to do increasingly more complicated little practice programs untill you get the hang of things. Try to do a program that list your folders based on a pathname. Try to do a program that can sort your folders. Try to do a program that can send requests to an IP and a port. That sort of thing will gradually give you familiarity with the concepts untill you're ready to get into the thick of things.
>>
>>18433403
Considering he is a frogposter, cannot into English, and even has spaces between the last words of his sentence and its punctuation; I don't have a lot of faith in his ability to learn programming at all.
>>
>>18433406

Eyh man most of the good programmers i know are retarded in a lot of other ways, I don't think there's any correlation there
>>
>>18433387
I know I have the will power to learn but I just don't want to be another shitty pajeet tier programmer code monkey
>>
>>18433412
Then git gud. To get good at anything means putting in a lot of hard work.

I've been programming since I was 16 really. Was pretty poor growing up and went to a shit highschool so I has to teach myself. Went to college for it after but professors are shit so was basically a bunch of self teaching and making games on the side. Eventually got good enough to get a nice paying job in the field I wanted.

Biggest problem I've seen so far with people getting hired in programming is you basically can't get hired if you don't have a portfolio, or if your portfolio is just a bunch of filler bullshit anyone could do.

So I guess my point is that if you want to get hired for programming, build a nice portfolio of projects for your resume. Building the portfolio is how you'll teach yourself to code.
>>
>>18433412

Look just fucking learn, you still have a long way to go before worrying about silly things like "natural talent" or "intelligence". The skill ceiling is ridiculously high and there are a lot of intermediate states between pajeet and whiz kid.

Like Nieztsche said, "just fucking climb the mountain and stop asking how to".
>>
>>18433381

What is it with frogposters and their obession with IQ
>>
Thanks anons I'm gonna go to sleep now and try to git gud tomorrow
>>
>>18433430
Go to /sci/ they shun brainlet there
>>
>>18433436
*Brainlets
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.