[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>friend basically od'd on adderall 4 days ago >got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1485298865308.jpg (64KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485298865308.jpg
64KB, 600x800px
>friend basically od'd on adderall 4 days ago
>got severe debilitating side effects (anxiety, constant panic attacks, paranoia, etc)
>it's been 3-4 days and she still has constant panic attacks and persecetury delusions
>she's worried she's going to be like this forever
>is seeing a psychologist or something tomorrow

is she going to be like this forever? I can't seem to find anything about a particular situation like this, like the severe anxiety, paranoia and persecetury delusions lasting more than 1 day after having a too high dose of an amphetamine
>>
>>18433257
Did she take the extended release? Might want to go to the ED. I can't say she'll be like this forever, but it's not healthy and she's overstimulated. An Ed physician would know what to do. Diazepam and maybe beta blockers may be the right counter to her overstimulation BUT DONT GIVE IT TO HER IF YOU HAVE SOME!
>>
Drugs can fuck with a persons head.
It is very possible that she will start having panic attacks often now.
>>
>>18433257
All females are delusional.
>>
>>18433304
>It is very possible that she will start having panic attacks often now.
Accurate, have been through this and can confirm.

Short-term course of benzodiazepines can help significantly, long-term taking something like L-Theanine when anxiety spikes (it's basically non-toxic and ridiculously effective) can help significantly as well.

In fact, go get her some L-Theanine right now. Don't have her take it with caffeine and don't get a blend that's mixed with caffeine, she has plenty of stimulants (natural and not) in her system as it is. Just give her like 2-3 of those, about 200mg each, and see if she doesn't feel better. Any health food store will have them.

It should let her at least calm down for a bit.
>>
>>18433315
To add to this, if she's not a risk to herself or others there's no need to go to the hospital. Calming down with relaxing music (no words), L-Theanine, and herbal tea is the best course until she can get to a doc. Four days isn't even enough time for the Adderall to be completely out of her system if she took enough to OD.
>>
Have her try lsd
>>
>>18433286
Diazepam/Valium can be addictive though. If OPs friend starts abusing benzos then she's even more fucked than before. Not dl saying that pharmaceuticals can't help however, something like gabapentin might be more helpful.
>>
>>18433327
>>18433493
>>18433315
>>18433286
she was in the ER yesterday, came out and everyone told her she'll be fine when the adderall is out her system (but the adderall is definitely out of her system)
>>
>>18433257

Good I hope she has fucking Psychosis of course you can ruin your brain. When you take to much adderall it shoots your dopamine up and when you abuse it by taking too much, chewing it or snorting it, etc etc it gets you high. Adderall is an upper so when you do high dosages you don't sleep so not only are you fucking over your dopamine receptors you aren't letting your brain rest so you go insane.

Can never understand why people abuse Adderall it is not addicive when you do it properly. It is the most helpful tool I have it is a pill that makes me do everything with ease. I am prescribed 10 mg a day and my life has gone up drastically from such a low dosage.

Fuck your friend I hope she never gets better for giving this godsend of a drug a bad reputation like many morons have done before.
>>
>>18433690
The tramua most likely won't go away.
Its less that the Adderall is impacting anything, but that shes going to be in constant paranoia that her brain is fucked due to her pathetic choices.
>>
>>18433740
>>18433724
i don't get why you guys are talking so much shit

she was prescribed 10mg IR and it did absolutely nothing. she tried 20mg IR the next day and it did absolutely nothing. she did 30mg IR the next day and that's what caused the "od" and all these crazy symptoms. she only ever wanted to use it for her adhd symptoms

you guys make it sound like she took like 240mg for recreation or something
>>
>>18433753
>>18433724
plus, she only felt positive effects for like 10 minutes and then crashed immediately
>>
>>18433753
Not talking shit tard.

She OD. Doesnt matter if its because shes a junkie or the doctor said "do it faggot".

Shes a woman, and that was a tramatic experience. The Adderall isnt the problem anymore, its that the whole ordeal has made her paranoid as a motherfucker.

Maybe therapy will help, but most likely not entirely. She will be living with this to some degree for years if not forever.
>>
I smoked a point of meth on my first try. Thats 100mg of meth which is 2x potent and I'm fine.

Shes getting the paranoia side effect. Nothing bad happens on 30mg shes being a hypochondriac
>>
I had this happen to me but it wasn't adderall. Some asshole laced my weed blunt with pcp and meth. I had a psychotic break down aka psychosis. I thought swat was after me. For weeks I had panic attacks, major anxiety but no persecetury delusions. Now I have mild anxiety and only get panic attacks under very, very stressful situations. Take her to the hospital.
>>
>>18433824
Holy shit man. That's why even otherwise fun drugs are dangerous. Not because they are inherently evil, but because you often don't know what you get. That's when it fucks you up
>>
>>18433757
Your friend is lying.

If any of this is remotely true, she has an underlying anxiety disorder and shouldn't be taking stimulants of any kind.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.