[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a young teacher who needs to fill the last week of school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: chocomytaco.jpg (605KB, 2228x1485px) Image search: [Google]
chocomytaco.jpg
605KB, 2228x1485px
I'm a young teacher who needs to fill the last week of school for a class of 8th graders (2 full school days and 3 half days) with things to do.

Some of them are difficult enough that simply leaving a movie running is a bad idea, so at the very least it can't fill all week. Yearbooks will fill some of the time, but not nearly out of it.

Any suggestions? I'd like to fill the time with stuff they'd enjoy anyway -with school rules, of course- and I'd rather keep them from a last minute suspension.
>>
>>18432385
>Some of them are difficult enough that simply leaving a movie running is a bad idea
nah, you just need something riveting enough to capture and hold their attention

try colin flaherty's youtube channel
>>
>>18432395
>Colin Flaherty

Haha holy shit, I don't want to get fired.
>>
>>18432385
Are they predominately niggers?
>>
>>18432438
No, it's pretty whitebread. Unfortunately, that means the tolerance on administration's bullshit is incredibly low.

I might get flak if they successfully post from social media, for example. The idea of them vaping in the bathroom sends shockwaves through the staff.

As a result, keeping them occupied is still important to me, even if I'm not particularly worried about them beating the shit out of each other or something.
>>
>>18432445
Crash course on youtube is actually quite engaging and educational. That can burn some time easy.

Speech and debates with the whole class as judges works. For basic stuff like paper bags vs plastic or X-box vs Playstation

Bring in some really non-traditional board games and have them play it for a time.

Trivia bingo with decent prizes is a good time killer.
>>
File: f289a116f6a4753662af91ecd660d0ca.jpg (771KB, 1445x1600px) Image search: [Google]
f289a116f6a4753662af91ecd660d0ca.jpg
771KB, 1445x1600px
>>18432385
Have them write a letter to themselves and you'll mail it to them at the end of their senior year. Only downside would be cost of stamps. I remember doing that in school though. It was really interesting.

Maybe something like blackout poetry. Copy random pages from novels. They have to color in words to create a poem. Pic related.
>>
I would reccomend asking the class for suggestions, since I don't know them that well.
If that doesn't work well, ask for school appropriate video recommendations. When I was in eighth grade, I'd always want to do that.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.