[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop feeling melancholic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Cover1.jpg (289KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cover1.jpg
289KB, 500x500px
I feel like no matter how hard I try I feel like I will never get close to him because;
1) He's my professor and im his student
2) We're both males in a not homosexual-friendly country
3) He's married with 5 children
4) He sees me as im his students and nothing more.

How to not feel melancholic about this, or how do i get even close to my professor to the point where i can have normal discussion with my professor. I have been taking all his classes for almost a year now. And I still dont know how to engage in a long conversation with him which makes me feel really depressed desu.
Please help.
>>
Are you good at whatever subject he teaches? Is it something he has genuine enthusiasm about? Does he know who you are, either through grades or class presence or else?
>>
Why the fuck are you trying to break up some guys marriage? Just treat him as he treats you, professor-student relationships never work out irl anyway. Every professor knows if they try something with a student and get found out they'll be fired immediately and blacklisted form academia, so there's no way he'd try anything or respond to your advances.
>>
>>18431154
Yes im pretty good at the stuff he teaches I almost get 90% in his exams and overall. Yea he is really enthusiastic about his teachings and I really love the way he teaches, it looks genuine to me. And yes he does know me I sometimes go to his office hour for doubt and what not. he's very good at memorizing his students name so yeh.
>>18431155
Im not trying to break his marriage or anything I just wanna get closer to him thats all I know I have no chance in being a relationship with him. But it still saddens me that I will never have the chance to express my emotions to him.
>>
>>18431278
Well, I hope this doesn't sound too harsh or arrogant, but you really shouldn't express your emotions to him even if you do get to be close buddies with the guy. Either he most likely doesn't feel anything in return, which will turn your academic relation with him into a somewhat awkward thing, or, in the scarce chance that he might happen to be gay and also has feelings for you, he might end up contingently ruining his life over getting into an intimate relationship with a student. Sadly enough, no good can come out of this if he's married.
>>
>>18430828
Honestly anon, not all professors are like what you see depicted in fiction; an enthusiastic pupil becomes enamored by the class, which he expresses to his professor. Professor is thrilled, they become best of friends and sing happy songs, pupil moves on to become the next prime minister, the end.

Nah, it isn't like that in reality. Most of your professors treat their job like a retail employee treats stocking shelves for 8 hours a day. If they seem into it, odds are it's from loads of stimulants and a lot of acting because they want to lock in their retirement.
>>
>>18431445
That might be true for elementary and high school teachers, but if you're an academic professor then odds are, the subject you're teaching is literally what your entire life revolves around, not just professionally but also intellectually. Not like that means OP will suddenly get to bang his teacher, but he might not be entirely wrong about the guy's enthusiasm being legit. I've been friends with some college professor myself.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.