[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

family hates my bf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 28996524.jpg (230KB, 1141x1584px) Image search: [Google]
28996524.jpg
230KB, 1141x1584px
hi guys.

I have a bf, we've been together for 2 years, then he broke up with me for a year, then got back together, then i broke up with him for 6 months and now we're back for good (hope so).

as you can understand my family is not very happy with this, they don't think he's the guy for me.

but i can honestly say that during the time we were apart, many guys hit on me, but i truly did not like or connected with any of them (i didn't have sex with them of course, just talked and we were friends i guess).

i feel that i have only one life, and so far (i'm 22 almost 23) my bf is the only man i have truly connected with.

right now we have a really good relationship. we matured a lot (especially me...), our lives changed for the better. my bf used to be depressed and down on himself, now he's very driven and has a big future (programming).

i also didn't know what to do with myself, was super depressed, now i'm studying computer science and i actually like it.

we have good sex, he opened up to me about things he likes (not super weird but kinda weird lol. kinda like bdsm?) and we feel really close on that as well.

we learned how to communicate much better, he used to get really hurt when i got upset, now he knows how to deal with it, and i learned to say sorry and not be stubborn and think of his feelings.

anyway...

i don't know what to do. i really want my family to understand. they really care about me and it's the only reason they don't like him... because they don't want us to break up again...
>>
>>18429946
Sounds like a problem that will heal with time, your family probably won't like him for a while but if you guys last and stay happy in your relationship they'll probably grow to like him.
>>
>>18429946

It actually sounds like the groundwork for a very good relationship that you have both broken up and tested the waters and still ended up together again.

The sex part is fine as long as you are fine with it. Be careful not to let him take you places that you will resent him for. Make clear boundaries and rules when you play kinky.

As for your family, they will loosen up the longer you stay together.
of course they are sceptical now. I am sceptical now about your relationship. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't stick with it, especially when you say that you truly feel connected to him..
>>
Why did you break up?
>>
>>18429959
i hope so. it just really hurts me to know they don't like him, and he really likes them. he always asks how they are doing, and he doesn't know they don't like him (we are pretty far away from them but planning to move close when i finish my studies and then of course he will know).

>18429962
thank you for saying that.
i know it sounds like a trainwreck after i say we've been broken up twice but i can say i learned a lot during that time and bettered myself.

don't worry, he always stops when i ask him.

i really hope you are right and that they will warm up to him over time! i really hope so.

>18429967
first time: i had really low libido (due to depression + birth control) during a period of time and felt almost repulsed by anything sexual and consequently really pushed him away.
also my anxiety got to its highest because i never learned to control it and i didn't want to go outside, to be seen by other people, obviously it was not fun when for example we went to a lake and i just cried and said i want to go home and got mad at him.

it was a really bad period in my life but after he broke up with me it was what pushed me to learn how to deal with this stuff.

second time: we got back together but i could tell he still didn't 100% trusted me and he was depressed because he didn't know what he wants in life during that time. it was kind of like roles reversed for the first breakup.
>>
>>18429967
OP told he had dealt with depression and maybe he took a break for himself for that reason.
>>
>>18429946
Most of the time, when your whole family hates the person you're dating it's because they see something that you're too blinded by emotions to see. Your family only has your best interests at heart.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.