[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I start finding good relationships?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1495916886286.jpg (45KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495916886286.jpg
45KB, 720x720px
I used to tell myself that I couldn't love anyone until I loved myself. That came from a combination of what I heard from therapists, as well as being a justification for avoiding the anxiety of sex or romance entirely. So I never did. Over the last 1-2 years my self-worth has improved quite a bit and has left me without a real excuse for continuing to avoid something that I have great interest in. I'd like to not have any more excuses, and I want to give escaping loneliness a real shot.

A bit of backstory. A few girls have come onto me. I half dated a couple of them. Didn't fuck either, and I broke up with both of them. Parts were good, like I finally escaped my lifelong loneliness, but then it just ended up feeling like it was more about them than us. One went crazy and got pretty obsessive (I'm still dealing with how weird that was), and the other wanted me to chase her, to shower her with platitudes all the time and boost her already over-inflated ego. Both are pretty shitty people in the end.

People are surprised when I tell them I'm a virgin. So I assume I must be desirable in some way, considering that those last two girls were the ones who made the move too. How do I start making the move myself? It's a shitty anxiety. I know I'm some kind of catch at this point, I just don't have enough motivation to try I guess. I hate being alone. In fact I almost went back to those previous flings out of sheer loneliness a few times. I want to share my life with someone, even if just for a short time. I don't really care about fucking anyone, I want to make real connections. I want a balanced relationship, I don't want to just be doing everything to please this girl for maybe some quick fuck. I want someone to be myself around.

How do I start trying? Where? How do I put aside my weird pride and just fucking bare myself to people? I'm not awkward, I'm even pretty charismatic. Just enough to avoid all of the subjects I am super anxious about. Any thoughts?
>>
>>18429063
I don't feel like reading your blog, but I wanted a good relationship too. I just jerked off, and my yearning went away. Go figure.
>>
>>18429063
And another thing; should I go nofap? I didn't fuck those girls because I didn't really want to that much; they did blow me, but to no avail (however I got them off really easily just a moment to brag). I think it was my masturbation habits honestly that made it hard for me to cum in those situations. I'm wondering if maybe I stop masturbating that I'll get sexually ravenous enough that I might have even more motivation to try and find a relationship, in addition to being able to actually orgasm with a partner.

Have people done this? Would it help?
>>
how old are you? you sound 23 or 24. Let me guess you miiight be as I and not approach the opposite gender but rather go for who approaches you instead. This is not necessary bad but will leave you with limited options such as girls who think they're all that or women who have nothing to lose and are desperate. Am I right? Just gotta ask is your birthday toward the end of this month?
>>
>>18429069
Thanks for letting me know.

And that jerking off thing doesn't work for me. I don't care about getting off that much. It's too easy to jerk off and be satisfied enough. I want a partner.
>>
>>18429074
I'm 21, and my birthday is in August but the rest is exactly right. In fact the two girls I "dated" fit those two descriptions to a T.
>>
>>18429080
oh my gawd yes you are a leo. august 16th? leos are the only men I know to be respectful enough to not just lay randomly haha! I'm a leo too I have the same complex of what I attract. My dad told me "you only attract two men those who think their gods gift to women and those who have nothing to lose cause they have nothing to offer" I always mean to write stand up on my dad's wisdom but haven't yet. your name chris? Lol but i broke free from my rut thanks to would you believe.....tinder at the age of 26. Dating a muscular nerd 4 years younger than me. what's your usual dating method?
>>
>>18429071
Sounds like you know the answer already. Of course it would help. Try not ejaculating for 3 months and tell me how eager you are to get laid. Only downside to that is that it might cause you to think with your dick rather than your brain.
>>
>>18429093
August 29th actually. Virgo. But signs have really never been relevant to me. And my name is not Chris.

I just kind of fell into dating the times that I have. Mutual friends and then boom, she's grabbing my dick at a party type stuff. Just easy enough that I don't even have to try. I might try tinder but I just am not that interested in fucking.
>>
>>18429113
DO NOT GET GIRLS PREGNANT. ABORTION COSTS 650 not to mention CHILD SUPPORT. BE CAUTIOUS ANON
>>
>>18429123
see when you don't try you're stuck with the two options unfortunately. I never like trying either. so obviously you are attractive to attract women juuuustt maybe need to work on targeting what you would actually seek in a woman long term. name some traits you seek in a woman.
>>
>>18429113
Yeah I pretty much know what I have to do I just like input. And thinking with my dick instead of my brain would probably be a good change for me.

I like masturbating, a whole lot. I want someone to tell me that it won't help at all and give me some other brilliant solution. But yeah I pretty much get it.
>>
>>18429131
Fair enough. I'm limiting myself a lot. Girls try way less than guys do, so I'm pretty cornered there.

Traits? Well-read, but not pretentious. Self-aware, but not self-obsessed. She'd absolutely have to enjoy my sense of humor, and if she could banter well that would be icing on the cake. Someone who has experienced life, and gained what wisdom she could. She'd love deep conversations.
>>
>>18429063
Go to church lil nigga
>>
>>18429411
I'm probably too much of an atheist to do that. Hmm though I might not mind going to a church every Sunday. Even though I don't believe and can't imagine I would ever; it's kind of just like discussing morality right? I'd be down for that. Singing songs. Sounds cool. As long as it's not one of those fire and brimstone type places.

Do you think churches would be cool with an atheist hanging out with them? I bet some would. Might actually do that.
>>
>>18429433
They'd be especially preachy. You don't have to tell them you're an atheist, you know.
>>
>>18429441
Yeah but I'm not about to pretend to be in love with Jesus just so I can hang out with some folks and meet girls. I'd be honest with them. My faith would come up in some way or another. It'd have to. That's like the main thing they focus on there. I even almost want to be converted; it'd make life a whole lot easier if I just was religious. I could deal with the preachiness.
>>
>>18429063
You can start by removing that image from your harddrive
>>
>>18429465
Nah senpai. Can't. A man has got to have a vice.
>>
>>18429063
are you me?
my anxiety has held me back my entire life
people always tell me that i am attractive but yet nobody ever actually comes onto me (prolly cause i really look like a 14 yr old)
how much has therapy helped you? it's something i've been interested in for a very long time but haven't found the drive to push myself into
>>
>>18429462
You could just say you're interested in learning about their beliefs.
Plenty of people of all faiths don't buy into religious imagery as literal. They understand it's a metaphor intended to communicate moral values and more importantly a framework for social norms and rules.
>>
>>18429489
Therapy has been a huge part of my life. And it has helped me immensely. I even enjoy it. I don't know that I need it anymore but my current therapist and I have a great relationship.

Some people tell me that I talk like a therapist. It has been something I've been required to do since I was little and my mom lost custody, to when I was a teenager idealizing suicide, to when I just decided to improve myself with the help of a professional.

Try it. The first one you try might not be for you, or even the second, but a little shopping around for therapists couldn't hurt. This coming from someone who has had ten before he was of drinking age. If it doesn't help you, at the very least it will be an exercise in becoming more comfortable with speaking openly about the darker, scarier parts of yourself.
>>
>>18429548
Yeah I'm probably going to look into it. I just wonder how I might go about finding a more laid back church. I suppose I could just try a bunch and see how it goes. That could be really awkward though.

I wonder if people review churches.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.