[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Preventing piracy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1497652903771s.jpg (6KB, 249x245px) Image search: [Google]
1497652903771s.jpg
6KB, 249x245px
I run a semi popular subscription based podcast. I'm worried about piracy and was wondering what I need to do to prevent people from buying my podcasts and sharing them for free which would cut into my profits?
>>
It's an uphill battle that will cost you time, money, and will piss off your legitimate users.
>>
>>18428248
Im looking for ways to track my files
>>
What kind of podcast is this? Most people dont want to pay money to listen to people talk about shit, and desu I feel like thats kind of silly too. I've seen things where the newest podcast is only viewable by people who subscribe, and the rest is free content, which doesn't seem like a bad idea and could bring in more people to discover you. But I'm guessing that you'd rather keep everything behind a paywall so you don't lose profits. Keeping people from pirating things is pretty much next to impossible, even big companies can't prevent it. You have to make the viewers want to pay for your content.
>>
>>18428237
to be clear, how much money do u make of it.

you are not that good faggot. just enjoy free advertisement
>>
>>18428257
You can embed a ID associated with the customer into the files you deliver to them so you will know who is distributing the files illegally. It's cheap and easy to do. It may be easy to strip such meta-information from the files, but seriously, don't try to fight an uphill battle, it's not worth it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.