[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I am obese. Im scared of people seeing me in the streets.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).jpg (10KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10KB, 256x192px
Hey /adv/ I am obese. Im scared of people seeing me in the streets. I know the only way to lose weight effectively is to go to the gym. How do i not give a fuck about people looking at me?
>>
>>18428021
Going to the gym isn't a bad idea, but it's primarily for building muscle and strength, not losing weight. If you want to lose weight, just eating at a caloric deficit is a way easier and more effective than working out.
>>
>>18428044

this advice is so retarded. "yeah dude just starve yourself its the easiest way to lose weight".

If you want to be healthy incorporate cardio. You can do easy as balls cardio and body weight exercises at home to start losing weight. When you gain some confidence switch over to the gym. Plus no body is going to think "wow look at that fat guy trying to be healthy what an idiot!!." People just focus on themselves.
>>
>>18428021

going to the gym is actually not required at all to lose weight, its not even all that helpful.

going to a gym is mostly used for building muscle, to lose weight you generally need cardio, but unless you're already good at cardio you wont be able to burn too many calories truth be told. that being said you should definitely still run / jog because in addition to burning some calories it also just helps with core muscle development (instead of arms and chest that the gym would give you) and lays a good groundwork for when you finally do begin going to the gym.

the real way to lose weight is to diet. say you eat chicken alfredo for dinner. thats a pound of chicken with some noodles and some sauce. the chicken its self is 800 calories for a pound. a cup of noodles is 200 calories.

replace that (and the noodles) with greenbeans and thats only 141 calories. so by removing chicken + noodle and replacing with a vegetable you are saving your self more than 800 calories.

ideally you want to eat 500 fewer calories a day in order to start losing weight. if I had to guess you eat a full meal for lunch AND dinner, so by simply switching to veggies for ONE meal a day you are already cutting down 800 calories. also remove all drinks except water (you can still drink soda on the weekend) you'll lose even more weight.

cont
>>
>>18428079

https://www.amazon.com/Merax-Assembly-Electric-Treadmill-Motorized/dp/B01B76QKC2/ref=sr_1_9?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1497722768&sr=1-9&keywords=treadmill

this is a treadmill costing about 200 dollars after shipping and handling, it is the ideal way to do exercise if oyu dont want people to see you (cuz if you're afraid to go to the gy myou're probably afraid to jog around your neighborhood).

now oyu're probably saying
>IM SO FUCKING POOR I CANNOT AFFORD THAT

well the cheapest fucking gym is 25 bucks a month with a 125 dollar signing fee. so you are already paying 150 bucks to just sign up for a gym and two months later would have paid the full 200 and even more going forward.

so literally if you can afford to go the gym you can afford to wait 3 months to save the extra fifty bucks (or just use a credit card you tard) and exercise daily from home. plus you can just watch TV while doing it which is actually nice imo.

so combining a better diet and exercising you are actually able to lose weight without once going to the gym.

also as you go forward you'll realize other ways you can cut calories too. like when you go to cook you can simply make a smaller meal, and when you're done wait a half hour to see if you're still hungry. if you are instead of having moreo fthat calorie dense meal, you can just eat some carrots. if you arent willing to eat carrots or veg you arent actually hungry, just craving.

you'll realize you can just eat HALF of your desert instead of the whole thing. you will become stronger and better
>>
>>18428079
Actually she shouldn't run or jog until he's normal weight because of the impact on his joints. Extended walks or bike riding can help but it won't have a large impact that simply changing diets will.
>>
>>18428085

fair enough.

walking helps a lot though OP so don't skimp on that. when i was in highschool we were forced to run a mile in gym and it took me 21 minutes.

the entire semester for gym class all i did was go for walks. i didn't run more than like thirty seconds once in a while. i didnt like sports so the teacher just let me walk.

by the end of the semester my mile went from the aforementioned 21 minutes down to 7 minutes.

even just walking helps.
>>
Thanks guys.
>>
Losing weight is entirely about eating at a calorie deficit. You dont have to starve. Just don't gorge.
>>
>>18428021
You need to be at a caloric deficit to lose weight. The gym is the most effective way to burn calories. Cardio is good for cardio, lifting burns better and works faster.

There is no cure for being self concious other than just saying "fuck it". Its like saying you can mentally get ready for an ice bath. Cant be done, you just have to jump in.. An ice bath will never feel warmer, but your self conciousness at the gym will enventually evaporate.

>>18428044
>Going to the gym isn't a bad idea, but it's primarily for building muscle and strength, not losing weight. If you want to lose weight, just eating at a caloric deficit is a way easier and more effective than working out.
This is incredibly wrong and retarded.. To eat on a deficit you have to be in some kind of activity. Going to the gym means you can eat alot while still eating a good ammout and losing weight, just sitting around eating at a deficit means literally starving yoruself. And building strength and muscle isnt a bad thing you fucking jew.
>>
>>18428079
>going to the gym is actually not required at all to lose weight, its not even all that helpful.
WRONG.

>going to a gym is mostly used for building muscle, to lose weight you generally need cardio, but unless you're already good at cardio you wont be able to burn too many calories truth be told. that being said you should definitely still run / jog because in addition to burning some calories it also just helps with core muscle development (instead of arms and chest that the gym would give you) and lays a good groundwork for when you finally do begin going to the gym.
WRONG and retarded DYEL advice.

>chicken its self is 800 calories for a pound
Fucking retard.
>>
Join us in >>>/fit/fat, we can help op
>>
>>>/fit/
Read the sticky, calculate your TDEE and by then you should have a good idea of what to do next. You'll also find various threads dedicated to the same task you're facing.

>>18428066
>This advice is retarded

No, it isn't. Your advice is better, but you can't out-exersize a bad diet. He will need to cut calories.

He doesn't need to learn macros but to count calories.

Chances are OP consumes 4k calories in a day.
>>
>>18429185
I probably do consume that much. I do know i lost like 10 lbs by not doing much all i did was play games and listen to music. I know if i try i can lose weight. I already lost like 30 lbs before. Its just social anxiety fucking me up.
>>
Do a juice cleanse. Eat better. Don't restrict calories. Cook your own food, mostly vegetables, use good quality oils, but raw veggies are best nutrient wise.

A juice cleanse, three days is a good beginner's start, will "reset" your digestive system, help cut bad cravings and promote cravings for things your body actually needs. You could also see a dietitian, get a blood test and see what types of foods you should be avoiding.

As for confidence... All you can really do is try not to give a fuck and own yourself. Yeah you're fat, but it's not WHO you are. People who judge you for it are shallow assholes anyway, especially if you're actively trying to change. Fuck shallow people.
>>
>>18429211
Okay i see now. So juice cleanse meaning i just juice things right?
>>
>>18429217
You could do it that way, or there might be a shop around you that sells them depending on where you are. Cold pressed is more nutrient dense, a juicer can waste a lot of produce. But if you choose to do it yourself, here are some good veggies and additives:

Kale
Spinach
Celery
Cucumber
Pineapple (hides "green" flavor well)
Beets (!!! great for detoxing the liver and just over all really fucking good for you, you might look like you're shitting blood but you'll be okay)
Carrots
Cayenne pepper
Turmeric
Hemp protein
Hemp/ flax oil
>>
>>18429217
>>18429249
also lemonade with cayenne pepper is part of a "Master Cleanse," I wouldn't recommend that to you just yet but it's a great way to get that cayenne in ya, super refreshing. Just juice the lemons yourself and add filtered water, maybe some honey or agave, and like a tsp. of cayenne. Also drink shit loads of water, not just on the cleanse but all the time.
>>
>>18428021
Eat less, either by just taking smaller portions / cut snacks / less fat options.
Do you even feel hungry? Eat more regularly and less snacks.
Exercise more, you don't need a gym, just make sure you increase your consumption, work more, take a short walk in the mornings or evenings that sort of things.
>>
Yoga will help you be more comfortable in your own body, you'll gain flexibility as well as boost your energy, and you can even include meditation once you learn a routine. If you can, maybe join a yoga class that isn't just skinny white bitches.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.