[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1372.jpg (62KB, 720x717px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1372.jpg
62KB, 720x717px
I'm a 21 year old guy who has bi-polar disorder, and because of this, my life is a wreck. My depressive stages consist of me being holed up in my room not talking to anyone and contemplating suicide, while in my manic stages I say hurtful things and piss people off.
I was a hardcore drug addict for 3.5 years with doing weed, X, Mcatz, cocaine, hashish and the occasional LSD and N-Bome. I had a psychotic episode a year back and my family came to know about my addiction. I was in engineering college and was 2.5 years in when I dropped out.
This was back in India.
Now I'm in Dubai in a new college and I tried to be social, but people never took interest in me, so I gave up.
Till a year ago, I was too terrified to talk to girls, but now I can say hi without stuttering (don't know how I got better, probably the social anxiety medicine I'm taking)
Now my issue is, I can't make friends as they all lose interest in me after a while.
I'm hated by my classmates for what I've done during my manic stages.
My depression stages are too extreme I always end up thinking about suicide.
I have no one to talk to about my feelings.
I'm an alcoholic now.
Girls have called me cute, but my insecurities don't allow me to acknowledge that.

So I was thinking getting a girl would help me ease my mind, what do I do?
>>
Glad to see no one gives a fuck about me.
>>
>>18426936
I give a fuck about you op, you will be okay sometime soon
>>
>>18426861

getting a girl would be hella stupid when you're fucked up as an individual. so dont bother unless you like ruining other people right now.

2nd, bi-polar people from what i understand need some pretty heavy handed structure to maintain order in their life as they swing.

I mean the kind of structure that even when manic must be satisfied and will keep you on track till the mania passes.

sounds like a professional would be helpful.
>>
>>18426861
You mention taking anti-anxiety medication. Do you also see a psychological therapist regularly?
>>
I see a psychiatrist every two weeks.
I take Prozac, Seroxat and Zeldox for depression.
Inderal for anxiety.
Ambiens for insomnia.
>>
>>18426936

Nobody gives a shit about third-worlders

True fact

Also, /adv/ is a pretty slow board

Anyways, soldier on, my pakistani friend, nobody cares about you because you are an international student and any relationship will be temporary. You will only attain companionship once you get in a situation where you settle down for a longer period.

Also, quit drugs and get a focus on your life: any bipolar is 10 times worse when they are addicted, be that to weed or alcohol.
Try to stay clean and keep your medicine schedule and be patient for results.
Also remember that diet, excersize and good sleep are super important to stay stable mentally.
>>
idk if it kinda helps u, but u should give a try. Build up a friendship with a girl. Start easy and dont rush things unless she wants it ;)
Thats what i would do in ur situation, and try to forget about those suicidal thoughts. There might even be a person who would miss u when ur 'gone'
>>
>>18426958
That is .. A. Lot. Of. Medication. I am not yet a professional psychiatrist (on the way), but that is hella medication. I think there could be some bad interaction between them, so I can't imagine that taking all of that at the same time is good for you.

Prozac and Seroxat are both Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) and Zeldox also fucks around with serotonin. I am not even going to touch the rest of this equation. Does your doctor know what they are doing?
>>
OP that scares me.

What should I do?
I used to be on a lot more including Depakote and Sizoden.

Should I change my medication?
>>
>>18426976
Which is to say, serotonin is important as a mood stabilizer, when serotonin levels are present in the right way in the human body. That is the point of SSRI's. If a person has correct levels of serotonin, they typically don't have problems sleeping if their bedtime habits promote sleep. The extra meds you are taking .. I am skeptical.

Are you getting the right amount of psychological counseling for your behavior as much as for the medication? Medication is useful in treating the issue, but cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is useful for depression as well as anxiety. The goal of CBT is to help the person assess when they get depressed or anxious, and it gives them the tools to deal with the depression or anxiety.
>>
>>18426983
Do you see a mental healthcare professional?
>>
Yes, I see a psychiatrist every two weeks.

I don't see a psychologist because I don't wanna talk about my feelings.
>>
>>18427016

Psychiatrists make their money of prescribing drugs

Psychologist make their money of prescribing therapy.

Think of what would help you the most...
>>
>>18427049
Truth. The highest recovery success rates for bi-polar disorder, depression, and anxiety involve a combination of medication and psychological therapy.

Cognitive behavioral therapy involves helping a person recognize when their feelings are becoming dysfunctional in a given moment and what to do about it to correct the problem. What about this seems unappealing to you?
>>
Indians have a stigma relating to mental illnesses and my parents are pretty old-fashioned.

I'm only seeing a psychiatrists because of the psychotic episode, otherwise I wouldn't be on medication in the first place.

So yeah, asking to see a psychologist is out of the question for me.
>>
>i have problems
>a girl will fix it!

I fucking hate this excuse especially because I used to do it, maybe you didn't mean it so seriously but the fact you even thought of it means you're trying to escape looking into yourself for answers. They're your problems, you are the one who is supposed to work on them.

>>18427016
Stop being a retard thinking taking pills will help you alone, avoiding therapy because you're probably scared. Pills aren't going to do shit.
>>
>>18427100
>asking to see a psychologist is out of the question for me
It may be the only thing that could actually help you, OP. Medication can only do so much when your thoughts and behaviors are tied to your problem. That is the whole point of *cognitive* *behavioral* therapy.
>>
If my parents don't allow me to see a psychologist, what do I do?

I can't find a job because in this part of the world, all I'll get are internships and promotion events.......and my dad won't let me work for jobs that pay that less (Indian mindset, it's hard to explain)
>>
>>18426861
Not ignoring you, but in response to the picture, what's better; "Oh gid I'm gonna die alone", or "Oh god I'm gonna die with you". The grass always looks greener on the other side. The real problem is within. People come and go. Friends change. True love comes from within. You have to want to love people in order to receive love, otherwise you're just begging. Give to live partner. Give to live.
>>
UPDATE : I just got back from my psychiatrist (cause I've been having intense suicidal thoughts recently) and he prescribed an additional dose of Prozac for me as well as some other SSRI anti-depressant.

He also told me he might consider giving me Lithium if my suicidal tendencies persist.

Should I be worried?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.