[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-improvement tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Tips on getting fit, maturing, becoming a better person in general. etc.
>>
First step: be honest with yourself.

Second step: stop making excuses.
>>
File: insecure pepe.jpg (41KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
insecure pepe.jpg
41KB, 500x406px
>>18426689
Be insecure. I'm serious.

People are taught that they are sacrosanct and special. That's crap. You are NOT good enough just the way you are. In fact, if you're past the age of 21 and don't have a university degree and a solid job, aren't visibly fit, don't have a hobby and a steady girlfriend, you're probably a shit person who is just going through the motions in life, yet somehow still failing and falling behind.

Stop the self-pity, stop the excuses and realize that you're not special. We tend to think that people who aren't successful in life aren't putting in any effort, and that's true for the bottom 50% of the population. The top 50% however, is trying their damned hardest to beat you at the game of life, and many of them are probably winning. If you're in high school, kids are competing in state sporting competitions. If you're in university, your classmates are leaving for graduate school. If you're in a job, your colleagues are getting promoted before you. Everyone here has shortcomings, and you need to get off your ass and improve those weakpoints if you ever want to become the kind of person you've always wanted to be; smart, successful, ambitious, relentless.

Learn to not settle for what you have. Learn to work for and take what you want for yourself.
>>
>>18426690

the first one yes.

before the 2nd one, set goals and meet them. start small and short term if necessary.
>>
>>18426689

> getting fit

Easy

Run 30-60 minutes 3 times a week
Join a gym and do a basic weights+machine workout 3 times a week.

> Maturing

Comes with experiences. The less you get out, the less you listen, the less you try new things and meet new people, the less you will mature.

> Better person

Pick a fictional character in the good spectrum and strive to be like him/her
Read/watch how they interact with the world and try to emulate it.

Also: listening to people, thinking before acting, setting other people before yourself, charity work and deeds, sorting your trash, letting bugs out the window instead of squashing them and remembering collegues/classmates birthdays and wishing them happy birthday + treating people you dislike better than they treat you.

Also

A big part of maturing is getting rid of you putting yourself on a pedestal.
No you are not perfect
No you are not special
No the world does not revolve around you
Yes you need to work hard to achieve anything
Yes life is sometimes all lemons
Yes people are stupid, but so are you
>>
>>18426868
>Run 30-60 minutes 3 times a week
Join a gym and do a basic weights+machine workout 3 times a week.

This is going to change dramatically based on your fitness goals. For example I'm trying to gain weight, not lose it, so short sprints are better for me than endurance jogs. Also machines make you look like a bodybuilder so if you just want to look like a natural athlete barbell exercises would be better for you.
>>
Little bits of effort every day. Be consistent.It's better than trying really hard in spurts and then going for months where you do nothing. What are you trying to improve? fitness?
>>
File: 1497551063711m.jpg (103KB, 1024x776px) Image search: [Google]
1497551063711m.jpg
103KB, 1024x776px
I thought I had grown past suicidal thoughts but threads like these always make me want to kill myself
>>
My life's a wreck, can't help you with this one

roll
>>
For becoming fit, honestly jogging. It will also help with your self confidence. Seriously nothing feels better than being fit. Take it from me, i used to not be a fat poor slob.
>>
>>18426957
Looking like a body builder doesn't take just doing machine exercises, if that was it everyone would do it. Bodybuilding takes serious dedication to the gym, counting your calorie intake and your macros, taking a bunch of supplements that are protein based. It's such hard work that there's no way you can "end up looking like a bodybuilder" accidentally unless it was your goal to start with
>>
Red Pill helped a lot, people will shit on me for this, but it really has lots of stuff to fix you up. Just read some related blogs/formus.
>>
>>18428035
This. Red Pill changed my life for the better.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.