[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I should have studied something meaningful like mathematics,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: frosk.jpg (7KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
frosk.jpg
7KB, 251x242px
I should have studied something meaningful like mathematics, physics or even computer science instead of language and translation at university.
I could have been helping humanity in its journey towards the stars and exploring the inner workings of the universe.

I should have focused on the sciences in school.

Alas, I didn't choose being born with inclinations towards humanities.
>>
File: 1491518049473.jpg (812KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1491518049473.jpg
812KB, 900x675px
>>18426481
>tfw I want to study English
Am I making a huge mistake? I just don't give a shit about STEM etc.
>>
>>18426481
every company with a foreign presence needs a translator.
every branch of government and every government agency needs many many translators.

You did study something meaningful you just aren't seeing it. Are you able to join the military? maybe you can find a purpose there and use your translation skills for good use.
>>
>>18426489
Don't get me wrong, I like the subject. I like translating literature and I like languages. But sometimes I wish I were reading about the theory of relativity, the mechanisms of a rocket engine or mathematical equations describing the fabric of reality instead of sociocultural implications of discourse analysis.
>>
>>18426492
I'm not, and it's killing me. I used to train martial arts and treated being athletic as an important part of my identity. But I was born with a foot defect and it's been getting worse over the years; now I'm struggling with things such as running as it hurts a lot. I was accepted by the draft board a few years ago but I doubt they would take me now, which makes my pride and self-identity suffer.
>>
>>18426481
Learn Python and get into lang AI
>>
>>18426481
>I could have been helping humanity in its journey towards the stars and exploring the inner workings of the universe.
I wouldn't stress it. It's not happening, with or without you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.