[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 00184.jpg (375KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
00184.jpg
375KB, 640x960px
I'm reaching a low point. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know if i need any advice, because i already know the answer. I don't know if i need to vent, or if i just need to talk to somebody.
>>
I've been on the same boat for years.
What do you want to talk about anon?
>>
>>18426377
I don't know, life i guess?
>>
>>18426382
What about life that bothers you?
>>
>>18426393
I dont know, i dont really have any reason to be depressed.

Recently 'broke up' with a girl that i was never offically dating. She was just using me and was never loyal but i had still fallen in love with her. But i know im better off without her and that in the long run it wasn't going anywhere.

Recently bought a house, Whereas im more then fully financially capable of living on my own, Im starting to feel like im not fully emotionally capable to be by myself as much as I am now. But still do not want a room mate.

Work is hectic.
Overall motivation has just come to a complete stop.
I dont have anyone to really talk to about my mental state. Wasn't raised in a very 'open' family.
Everyone I would consider a friend works an opposite shift as me, so I dont have anyone to just hang out with anymore.
Borderline suicidal

>Take your pick i guess?
>>
>>18426413
How old are you? Are you healthy (do you eat well and exercise regularly)?
>>
>>18426424
23. Healthy is subjective, im under weight, I eat well but between my ungodly metabolism and consonant running around at work I can't gain weight to save my life. I am nothing but muscle, but for my height im about 15-20 lbs under weight.
>>
>>18426434
Do you get all nutrients you need? Vitamins A, B, C, D and E, iron, calcium etc. Do you eat varied veggies and fruits (other than apples)? Do you eat meat? Do you do drugs? What would you say is the unhealthiest thing you take/do (for example, "I drink a gallon of Coca Cola daily"? What do you work with? For how long have you been in this job? Do you have a college degree? I'm sorry if it seems I'm bombarding you with questions, but if I'm try to give advice I need to have a decent picture of how things are.
>>
>>18426450
I dont like cooking for just myself so i guess i eat out alot, especially recently. usually not fast food but not always great food. Take that as you will for vitamins.

Fruits/veggies not as much as i should.
Meat yes.
No drugs, or alcohol, or smoking.
I dont drink enough...anything. I drink mostly water but nowhere near what i should be.
Manage warehouse/production. Chemicals.
4 years
No degree, dropped out before i finished because i decided the degree i was going for wasnt worth it. Im constantly taking classes for other things, no degree but certification related.
>>
>>18426475
Ok. Well. You already know the diagnosis so I'll tell you how to treat it. The first thing to consider is that your diet has a huge impact on how your mind works. Your brain is an extremely complex machine and it is what makes you experience whatever you experience. Treat it well, and it will work well. Treat it badly, and you'll start experiencing some really unpleasant things. So the first thing you have to do is increase your intake of veggies of all kinds - broccoli, tomato, carrots -. And decrease your intake of industrialized foods. You don't have to cook for yourself, at least where I'm from there are plenty of those self service restaurants you can just pick what you eat, maybe there's one close to where you work or live. I also recommend multi vitamin pills, specially omega-3 pills. They're not expensive, but they're not miracle makers either, in any case they could help you a little (omega-3 will be specially helpful if you don't eat fish often). Consider joining a gym and do some light exercise. Doing all of this will be hard and you'll question if it's really worth it, you'll question if there will be any results soon, and you'll want to quit, because it's hard to keep such a fitness oriented diet and workout schedule, but give it two months. If you see no results in two months, then you can say it's really not working. (will continue)
>>
>>18426475
>>18426524
Next is consider going out more, increase your chances of socializing. Think of things you enjoy. Think of any hobbies or even just remote interests you have. Is it guns? Go to a shooting range. Is it a sport like soccer, basketball, tennis? Sign up for the nearest sports club. Do you like cars? Try karting. Just think of anything that you find interesting and think of a place or convention where people gather to enjoy this particular thing. You'll be surrounded by people who share your same interest. That's how you make good friends. In addition to that, you also might try to consider settling down with a woman, having children, you name it. Finally, apply for different jobs. 4 years experience is not bad at all. If your current job is making you sad, it goes without saying you should try applying for a job in another place, even if it's the same occupation. If in the future you still are in depression, then consider anti depressants as a last resort. If all else fails, look for some imageboard smaller than 4chan where you'll find other very depressive people and you can share stories of misery with us and we'll laugh at our pathetic lives. Good luck to you.
>>
>>18426524
>>18426526
Thank you.

Noted on the Vitamins, and dietary.
Gym has been considered, But at work i put out miles of walking and constantly lifting/moving 50lb+ items all day. By the time i get home im pretty damn tired.
On the topic of work, It pays well, really well. Nothing else in my field in this area.
I have hobbies, primarily firefighting, which has a huge community, but im also fairly young compared to most of them.
Id have to find a women to settle down with, i was content with the girl i was seeing, she was the one that didnt want anything serious.
It turns out, being 23 and not drinking or doing drugs REALLY limits the women that want to spend time with you.
>>
>>18426545
There's just one more thing I forgot. Getting out of depression is hard. It's like trying to get out of a hole that is getting a little bit deeper after each second. Its hard to do it by yourself. So seek help. If your father and mother are still alive and if try say they love you regardless if you think they'll be helpful or not I would advice asking for their help, tell them how you feel, have a face to face conversation. At the very least they will comfort you. Once again, good luck to you. Now I'm off for good.
>>
I don't wanna barge in your convo, anons, just wanna say that I've also been down that road, and I can tell you that talking to someone is absolutely the best and toughest thing you can do.

And remember, you don't need a reason to be depressed. Brains are crazy cool but crazy fragile. It's not your fault, and it is absolutely fixable.

Keep being awesome, both of you.
Enjoy your weeks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.