[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

//serious//

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (23KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
23KB, 460x276px
help guys. last night my girlfriend was sexually assaulted by her friend and another person. its going to court, but i dont know what to do. how do i comfort her? im so lost on what to do
>>
>>18425584

Listen a lot and talk very little. Respect her space. Try to be there for her if she needs a shoulder to cry on or just a reassuring phone call throughout the day.

I'm so sorry, this is shit and shouldn't happen. Hope you guys get through this. Best wishes.
>>
>>18425593
This. Or rather, don't talk at all.
>>
Leave her, she cheated on you subconciously.
>>
>>18425596

While I've never personally deal with this particular tragedy, I know for a fact some people can feel bad if you don't say a single word.

Just saying "I'm here for you" can mean the world to them.
>>
I haven´t been ever sexually assaulted, but when women have been in that situation, all you have to do is respect if she doesn´t want to touch yo, ask her everyday how she ir and if she goes down and cry just reming her that you will be there. Sometimes a sweet word when someone is upset is the best solution.
>>
>>18425584
>its going to court
How does she know this already if it only happened last night? Did she go to the police and file a complaint? Was there intercourse involved? What the fuck was she doing with two guys alone without you?
>>
File: 1495147865748.jpg (19KB, 165x265px) Image search: [Google]
1495147865748.jpg
19KB, 165x265px
>>18425599
>>
>>18425584
>how do i comfort her?
Does she need or want comforting or did she just drop this bomb on you and stop texting.
>>
What happened btw
>>
Why you didn't killed your friend yet?
>>
Green text the story and don't leave out any details
>>
>>18425584
Real talk.

Remember that this shit is NOT about you.
This is about her.

What you need to understand about what she's going through right now is that
1.) she feels terrified about the situation
2.) she feels betrayed by her friend and will have trouble trusting others right now
3.) she feels betrayed by herself and her inability to stop what happened. She feels inept, and like all her power and decisions have been taken from her. Potentially feeling disgusted by her self.

So what you DONT need to do is try to swoop in and save her, because that just reinforces the victim mentality she's probably already going through and further takes away what little sense of self empowerment she has left over.

What you DO need to do, is to be her rock.

Be there for her, let her know that you love her, let her know that it wasn't her fault, let her know that this does not define her or change the person that she is or the way that you see her.

And don't just say all that, believe it.

If you believe it hard enough, that belief will spread to her and allow her to borrow some strength from you.

Ultimately though, you are just support, and this is something she has to get over herself, for her own good. So that she can prove to herself that she can, that she has it in her, and so she can restore her own self confidence.
>>
>>18425584
It won't matter what you do OP. If you lay low she'll be mad at you and if you try to talk she'll be mad at you. You OP will get all the anger. She'll be angry at herself for trusting her "friend" and the other guy and she'll be angry at them but only for a minute and all that will be directed at you, the guy closest to her. Prepare to be a punching bag.
>>
>>18425584
>her friend
He is just a friend OP and no way he had any interest in her other than as a friend so this didn't happen. Guy friends don't fuck girl friends.
>>
Remember to punch that 'friend' next time you see them real hard in the crotch. doesn't matter what gender they are.
>>
Hug her. Hold her. Be around as much as you can for her. Bring her ice cream, have chill days in your PJs watching movies, go to the park.

You've gotta strike this balance of distraction and comfort. It's easier than you think.

Two things to keep in mind; don't ask if she's okay. She's probably not. You can't fix her, but you can just brighten her day in little ways. Secondly, if YOU ever need a break, you absolutely have permission to take a breather for a day. Soldier on as much as you can, but just make sure you don't burn out and lash out at her.

I'm so, so sorry you have to go through this, anon. At the very least, you have each other, and you guys sound awesome, and heaps of internet strangers seem to care about you two, which is always neat.

Enjoy your week as much as you can, and I hope you two get through this soon.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.