[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fear of the dark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1497632163448s.jpg (5KB, 250x183px) Image search: [Google]
1497632163448s.jpg
5KB, 250x183px
My girlfriend is 19, really inteligent and doesn´t have any mental issues, but for some reason she has fear of the dark, when we sleep together she can´t even separate from me and if I turn off all the lights she gets uncomfortable and nervous, she can´t stay for a long time in places with a pour light or near of dark corridors. We´ve spoken about this and she said that she knows it´s a nonsense and illogical, but she just feel afraid of it. Can I do something to help her to overcome this or there´s any tip to deal with it?
>>
Fear of the dark is usually not fear of darkness itself, but fear of possible or imagined dangers concealed by darkness.

Something traumatic must had happened to her when she was a toddler. If she couldn't recall what event it was, there's no way to consult about it and thus impossible to overcome.
>>
>>18425551
That´s what I said her, she said me that she didn´t remind any traumatic event happened ever in the dark, she literaly said me "can´t see makes me feel like sick".
>>
>>18425567
There was definitely something happened, she was probably too young to remember it.
Unless you're willing to spend big money on hypnosis therapy, there really is no way to fix her fear.
>>
>>18425713
how fucking stupid are you goddamn im almost impressed

OP, there's a chance that something scary happened when she was young, but of she can't remember it to work through it specifically, the treatment is the same for most irrational fears, exposure.

Watch tv with her and the lights off for as long as she can. Every time, she has to go ten more minutes before the lights can come back on. Same thing in bed, spooning. Same thing in the hallway. Go on walks at night together. Mark the progress and reward her for it with ice cream or something.

Gotta chip at it slowly. Nothing else for it.
>>
>>18425524
Fear of darkness is fear of the unknown
Exposure therapy is best
Cover benis, ask her what she thinks is there
Surprise, it is just Mr. Benis
Nothing to be afraid of
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.