[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spending too much time with a female friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1484509056892.jpg (33KB, 428x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484509056892.jpg
33KB, 428x500px
I spend on average 6-9 hours a day with a female friend of mine because we take the same classes and do all of our studying together.
We don't have much in common and honestly our entire friendship is built around our shared schooling, but all this time around her is messing with my head and I've developed feelings.
What do I do?

Acting on these feelings isn't an option - not only would it be a bad idea in that we're too different and I don't think anything between us would last very long, but she also has a boyfriend of four years.
Anyone been in a similar situation? Any input or advice is very appreciated.
>>
>>18425131
Bring other friends along, so you won't be just around her.
>>
>>18425131

Spend less time with her. Open yourself up to new experiences and meet new people.
>>
>>18425136
I've tried. Every time we invite other people to hang out or study with us they only stick around for a while and eventually just stop coming. Most people aren't willing to sit in the library and study for several hours after class everyday, and I haven't found anyone other than her that does.
>>18425144
>Spend less time with her
Not really an option. Like I said, we are taking all the same classes. Even if I were to stop studying with her it would be really sudden and a pretty asshole thing to do considering we've helped each other through our classes for a year now.
>Open yourself up to new experiences and meet new people.
No time, it's wake up, class and studying, gym, maybe an hour or so of reading or sitting around, and then sleep.
>>
Just tell her that you need to start to branch out a little. That you are needing to make time for new people in your life. As hard as it is you need to limit your time with her.
Why are you so convinced that spending less time with her is not an option. Make it an option and your priority. Study alone. She has a boyfriend and is almost certain not to view you the way you view her. Look after your own feelings.
>>
>>18425160
>No time, it's wake up, class and studying, gym, maybe an hour or so of reading or sitting around, and then sleep.

BULLSHIT!

If you have time to hang out with her, you have time to hang out with other people in your classes.

If you have time to talk with her, you have time to talk to other people in your classes.

You are deciding to only spend time with her. You can talk to the person sitting on the other side of your seat, too.
>>
>>18425368
Yeah I guess this is how it needs to be
>>18425410
Like I said, no one else in the classes study as much as she and I do, and the time we spend together is working toward studying.
I think the only option, like the guy above said, is to study alone
>>
>>18425131
Same here lad but with a coworker. She's cute and has awesome personality. However she also lives with her boyfriend of 3 years.

I'm trying to subtly seduce her using red pill tactics and it's going suprisingly well. Just make sure you always maintain refrain and never make her think you're interested in any type of relationship.
>>
>>18425753
>never make her think you're interested in any type of relationship.

Yes, do that. That will work wonders.
>>
>>18425759
All you need to do is ne vague assertive and flirty. The moment you even hint at having feelings for her she'll start getting freaked out and things will get awkward.

No point in even pursuing a relationship unless she's noticibly into you. My work qt is pretty cool, and feeds me sometimes, so I don't mind putting up with her woman talk. For now I don't see a realistic opportunity to make her my gf but it's fun to deploy redpill tactics and see how it goes.
>>
>>18425902
Don't listen to this guy. Holy shit this is like listening to thise freaks that "casually" leave pens on people's desks to force a conversation when they're looking for it.
>>
>>18425921

Best way to put it! So unnatural and forced.

>>18425902

>The moment you even hint at having feelings for her she'll start getting freaked out and things will get awkward.

That's because she has a boyfriend. Of course it's awkward that a dude is circling her like a vulture.
>>
>>18425921
Nice projection pal. There's nothing wrong with enjoying your time with the girl you like. Making someone like you is gradual and takes time. There's nothing "freaky" about knowing what you want and doing what it takes to get it.

>>18425935
You need two participating individuals to be in a situation OP and myself are in. I'm not just some creep that hits on my coworker. We both obviously enjoy each others company, if we didn't then she wouldn't take her breaks and lunch with me, and OPs study buddy wouldn't spend the whole day with him.
>>
I work with a male friend who basically relies on me for all of his social interaction and I am terrified of this happening to me.
>>
>>18425998
>We both obviously enjoy each others company

BUT you secretly want more and are juts biding your time. She wants a friend, and you pretend for her. That's not a real friendship. You'll eventually get bored, or maybe she will end things with her current dude and still don't go for you. I bet you'll feel you wasted so much time after that.
>>
>>18426005
You'll be fine as long as he keeps those feelings to himself and if he doesn't just shut him down hard when he does.

>>18426006
I do want more but Im also realistic with my expectations. If she doesn't end up with me then atleast I gave it a shot, and I still have fun with her at work and when we work out together so I wouldn't say I wasted my time. I'll just accept she doesn't want me and suffer in silence.
>>
>>18426028
>I'll just accept she doesn't want me and suffer in silence.

How noble of you. And say, why don't try to date other people in the meantime? Just saying.
>>
>>18426034
I'm not opposed to it but it's not like I have girls lining up to date me, that and my social life is almost non existent.
>>
>>18426005
I think that's where I went wrong. I get most of my social interaction, and all my interaction with the opposite sex, from my time studying with my friend. Your friend will probably go the same way I did, but then again everyone's different.
but like >>18426028
said, does it really matter if your friend just ignores it or keeps it to himself?
>>
>>18426067
>my social life is almost non existent.

That's what I wanted to get at. Think about this for a second. You are circling this girl instead of getting out and trying to meet women. You are settling for a girl while you have no chance just because you have an excuse for her lack of interest (her BF).

This kind of attitude is what's holding you back. Really, try a dating site or something.
>>
>>18426092
>does it really matter if your friend just ignores it or keeps it to himself?

I'm not her, but it should matter to YOU. You are using a crutch instead of looking for someone interested in the same thing as you.
>>
Cuck or be cucked.
>>
>>18426005
I work with a female friend who thinks this is happening because I talk to her more than other co-workers. She a talker.
Everyone there talks to her more than anyone else in the building. I'm not the one initiating our conversations at work.
>>
does she have any ugly girl friends? hit on them, instead.
>>
>>18426028
>If she doesn't end up with me then atleast I gave it a shot

Dude you are wasting time with her. It is perfectly normal to study by yourself a couple days. You're making it sound like it's life or death with her. Nothing assholish about wanting time for yourself and having a little break. You guys don't even have much in common except School so don't worry if it's "mean", will she care that much? In your mind you are trying to justify that "yes she will think so" but you gotta use logic. After all why else are you here asking for our advice? Asking for OTHER opinion (ie: not your own).
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.