[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Better Grades

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: grades1.jpg (65KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
grades1.jpg
65KB, 400x400px
I simply don't know hot to study. So far my grades haven't been too bad, but i'd like to have mainly As (as far as possible).
Lately i've been feeling really depressed, so i'ts utterly frustrating when i manage to get motivated enough to study and in the end only get mediocre results...
Anybody figured out the right technique?
>>
*HOW to study
>>
File: 1495072317606.gif (214KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1495072317606.gif
214KB, 500x350px
>>18424336
what subject are you interesting ?
study what you like first
then expend it to another area
>>
>>18424336
adderall
get a good tutor who knows what hes doing
plan ahead and schedule what you're gonna learn due when

its all easier said than done tho.
>>
>>18424357
my problem is, that i don't know how to memorize, should i simply read everything often, summarize, rewrite multiple times, etc...?
>>
look if this doesn't work for you, sorry. but still try it i get really fucking good grades with this method.
listen to this, 5 minutes feel like 20 minutes. so much time to study and so ease to remember everything. just try it: V\https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPni755-Krg
>>
>>18424379
Just have to find a method that's right for you.

I like to hand write things multiple times, typing up my notes is too mindless and when I just read it tends to not stick, specifically when I don't find it interesting. I need to take notes in a very organized fashion. And I use little tricks to memorize stuff. Like association tricks, mnemonic devices, kind of singing the information to a catchy tune in my head over and over.

I do my little tricks as I learn, right in lecture. I started doing this when I was around 12 years old. I have quite honestly never "studied" for an exam and maintain an A-B grade average just because I developed a good memory. If anything, my studying is rewriting my notes an hour or so before my exam, just to get it to stick one more time.
>>
20 hours into studying any subject and you will not forget anything at all
>>
>>18424336
Professor writing here:

Are you talking high school or college? There is a BIG difference.

In high school it is mostly memorization. Just drill the data into your head until you remember it.

But most college courses are not about data/facts/dates but about methodology. You are not being taught the facts of, say, history but how to look at them like a historian.

In class pay close attention to HOW the professor talks about the material. What things does he look at and what ignore, and how does he put them together?

It is easiest to see that in terms of math. The professor solves an equation on the blackboard. DO NOT memorize that equation, because you will never see it again. But on a test you will be given a similar equation, to see if you know how to solve it.

A history professor may give you a text on WW1 to read and then take all of class time talking about the political causes of WW1. And then an exam will say "Using the methods we used to analyse the political causes, analyze the economic causes of WW1"

That's right. You may well be asked something that was never mentioned in class, because an understanding of what was mentioned in class should enable you to answer.
>>
>>18424497
I'm in Uni studying to be a high school teacher. My subjects are going to be history and german, but i also have to study education, which includes classes on psychology etc., so most of the time i have to memorize different theories of scholars, which is really hard for me since i'm more of a practical person, not somebody who likes memorizing word for word.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.