[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Water-only hair washing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

So I keep hearing about the benefits of forsaking shampoo and washing your hair with water only.
Is this really worth it? Does it make your hair last longer without grease buildup?
>>
If youre worried about commercial chemical hair soap, try vegan shampoos (im not vegen btw). Not using anything makes you a big greaseball unless thats the look you want.
>>
>>18424201
I'm curious about it, does it help with lesser dandruff too?

>>18424208
>giving vegans any support.
No thanks.
>>
>>18424201
Longhaircommunity female here which tried it for months. Don't believe them if they tell you (or each other) that you won't smell funny. You will. You will smell as if you've fallen asleep in your cloths and haven't changed them. For 3 days. It's not disgusting, it's more subtle... like your dog in damp weather.

It's not worth it. You will have to brush the shit out of them and this will mechanically damage them more than any scalp sebum could counteract.

If you want to last longer before washing just go a week without (preferably while having holidays) or just over the weekends for a couple weeks. Washing them every 4-7 days should be enough even for the most lazy fucks off us.
>>
Use a mild shampoo and do not wash your hair daily. Washing it every 3-5 days is preferable.

I would never recommend washing your hair with just water. And while it's very possible to wash your hair with homemade shampoo, it takes a lot of time intensive experimenting to figure out what works for your type of hair, sensitivity of skin and so on. In the meantime your hair will look mediocre at best. If you do want to try it, look up "no poo", lots of people who have done this for a long time have blogs etc where they detail their experiments which should save you some time. Also do it now over the summer break if you don't work and just go to college, for optimal privacy while your hair is lackluster.
>>
>>18424201
I've gone about a year without shampoo. Everything is pretty much the same. No one notices that my hair is any different from someone who shampoos their hair.
>>
>>18424809
I have had a similar expirience. Just remember it takes couple weeks for the greasiness to go away, so it might be wise to stop using shampoo during a holiday.
>>
>>18424725
you are retarded

>if you don't smell like chemicals you must smell bad
no
most people's hair doesn't stink
go see a doctor
maybe you have scalp worms or something infecting your brain (also explains why you're so stupid)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.