[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to the big city

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (3KB, 929x657px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3KB, 929x657px
>be me, 24 y/o male with a B.A. in Psychology and no idea what I want to do with my career
>Currently living in Spokane, WA (small-ish city of about 300k people with little to offer for young people my age other than a plethora of bars and plenty of hard drugs)
>Recently lived in Las Vegas for ~4 months (first time living without my parents and outside of Spokane)
>Didn't work out and recently moved back home (went there with a girl and came back b/c she dumped me and I had no way of staying in Vegas)
>Trying to figure out wtf I wanna do with my life now that the plans I had made with ex gf are ruined
>Feel like I need to get out of this boring little town
>No clue how tf I could afford it on my own
>Don't know anyone that lives anywhere I want to go that could help me out

So anons, does anyone have some good advice for moving to a new city all by myself? I have a decent work history, but all my experience is in customer service, which is not really much of a career option and is unlikely to be able to provide me enough income to support myself in a larger city. I've been doing a lot of research and I'd like to move somewhere like Portland, OR or Seattle, WA, but rent is so expensive there and I have no clue how I could afford it without getting a roommate (which I'd prefer to avoid for many reasons). Is there some kind of secret or is my only option to apply for and hope to get a job that will pay me close to $20 an hour, or suck it up and have a roommate?

I'm desperate here, I'm so sick of this town but I don't know how the fuck I'll ever get out of here unless I start a career here and hope to make the move after I've had a couple years of experience in whatever field I wind up in. However, establishing a career and gathering experience is kind of the point of moving to a new city as Spokane is small and doesn't have as many opportunities as a bigger metropolis would.

Pls help
>>
>>18423643
Anyone?

Also if more info is needed, or if anyone has recommendations as to where a good city to move to is, let me know.
>>
>>18423643
There's no miracle answer to these problems. You have to compromise on some things. Can you really not accept having a room mate? If you cannot live with another person then I imagine you're not going to be great to work with either and so will be limited in the jobs you can do too.

Learn to compromise. Beggars can't be choosers.
Aside from that pick a cheap city. Living in an expensive city with little money quickly turns the place into a nightmare. I lived in London, England for a bit on minimum wage and the result was that I now hate the place haha
>>
>>18424471
I get along with people just fine, I'd just prefer to take extra steps to ensure I'm not dependent on anyone else, if at all possible. That is good advice though, and you are right, I'd rather live with a roommate than attempt to move by myself and fail.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.